Solved

Android 8.0 Galaxy S8+ Cracking Popping audio

Userlevel 2
Can someone find a fix or soundcloud pls update their app, the crackle/pop noise randomly sounds listening to music. I notice this happened right after I updated to android 8 idk why
icon

Best answer by Petey Patrick 20 September 2018, 22:47

Is there really no update for this yet? Seems like a pretty big issue that affects a lot of people.

View original

41 replies

I've been having the same issue for seemingly the same reason.
Userlevel 2
dubb5ack wrote:

I've been having the same issue for seemingly the same reason.

Its rough when soundcloud the main music app I use, no matter if I use my data or wifi, headphones or speakers. As soon as I updated it started this issue as well as small track skipping for brief seconds randomly as well. I have no idea whats going on but soundcloud needa fix 😞
Same here... really annoyed by this problem. First time today, wasnt an issue before. Other apps are fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

Does this issue persist for you? If so, can you please try and delete the app, restart your device, then download again (if you have SoundCloud Go / Go+ and had content downloaded for offline listening, you will need to re-download this). Hopefully, this will give the app a fresh start and sort out any glitches that might have caused this before.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi Mathis,

Thanks for your reply, I had done that already, but just to make sure I did it again, and still the same crackling/lagging problem... I experience this problem with my earbuds (wired)and my wired headset...
Hello I would like to report the same pn my galaxy s8. Its happening on both jack and bluetooth headphones. The same headphones work fine on other devices. The cracking sound is appearing on top of sound amplitunes. Hear the error since latest s8 android update.
Update for youe info: spotify works fine. Pocket casts have the same problem. Maybe look at the audio processing / codecs used?
I also have this problem. Every song contains random cracking and popping sounds like it isn't buffered properly, once every couple minutes. This only happens in the soundcloud app and i have a samsung s8 with a perfect 4G+ connection.
Userlevel 2
sadly ive done everything in the book from deleting reinstalling and restarting my device etc and to no prevail even after all updates beta still an issue
I'd like to add that this problem only occured after the most recent s8 update that was sometime last week or the week before. Worked before then
This is also an issue for me. I just bought the S8 the other day, so it's a clean install. The cracking happens on headphones and over bluetooth. it happens often right after the screen is locked, but also happens randomly outside of that
Same problem here. I get random (loud) crackles and pops in every probably once in every 10 seconds, sometimes loud enough to hurt my ears. And the problem started about a month ago. I really hope this will be fixed soon.
I have same problem.. Tried everything also..
For me its only happening wired.. Bluetooth seems fine.. but its been better. A month ago it pissed me of so much i had to go listen to Spotify.. its better now.. but sometimes the stuttering sound, is showing it self.. sounds like a jackstick which isnt correctly put in "Skkkkkkkrt"
same problem here since oreo update on my S8. Even did a complete reset of my phone, same cracking sounds... I hope they fix this soon!
Same here, even created a thread, I hope SoundCloud can fix this issue.
Same problem here - Galaxy S8, SoundCloud Go subscriber and getting weird cracking/popping sounds seemingly at random, but persistent throughout all songs. When I listen on high volume, the sounds get louder as well, so sometimes they are annoyingly loud 😞

Seems to happen mainly when the screen is off...

Really turning me off of SoundCloud - hope there will be a fix soon!
So a similar problem occurred on my S7. I believe this may help. Go into phone settings> device maintenance> performance mode and then choose entertainment. I used this before and it helped me. I just told a friend with an S8 to try and he confirmed that it helped out.
Same issue for me. I got ghe Galaxy S8 a few weeks ago and soundcloud is the only app that gives me the popping and crackling sounds.
Userlevel 2
Craftah wrote:

Can someone find a fix or soundcloud pls update their app, the crackle/pop noise randomly sounds listening to music. I notice this happened right after I updated to android 8 idk why

June 8th 2018 and still an issue on beta 6.07 Its sad this still isnt fixed..
Mathis wrote:

Hi everyone,

Does this issue persist for you? If so, can you please try and delete the app, restart your device, then download again (if you have SoundCloud Go / Go+ and had content downloaded for offline listening, you will need to re-download this). Hopefully, this will give the app a fresh start and sort out any glitches that might have caused this before.

Cheers
Mathis
Still a problem... tried this.

Can confirm this is a problem on Essential phone running Oreo 8.1. Please fix, I love soundcloud but can't listen on my phone 😞
I've tried everything too. Nada. I recently unsubscribed from Go+. Its a shame, because soundcloud is my favorite platform. I just can't justify paying a subscription with this issue.
Same issue here on an S8 Active on Oreo. It happens only when SC is not the forefront app. It seems android drops the processing priority for its audio. I can't have SC running fullscreen with my screen never shutting off though. All other streaming apps work fine and this happened for me after Oreo update as well.
Just wanted to say that it's still also an issue for me on s9 (ever since owning device) and that I've tested disabling all battery saving optimization options for SoundCloud + fresh installs and nothing has worked.

Cancelled my go+ few months back due to this. Was hoping it'd be fixed by now, but still not.
Confirmed on essential phone both with 8.1 and 9.0. Can't believe this problem has been going on for so long. SoundCloud is completely useless on my phone