Solved

Android 8.0 Galaxy S8+ Cracking Popping audio

Show first post

41 replies

Userlevel 2
jasl wrote:

Confirmed on essential phone both with 8.1 and 9.0. Can't believe this problem has been going on for so long. SoundCloud is completely useless on my phone

i agree, waste of space. I have so many great artists on this platform but i cant even listen to them on the go. i have to use my fucking computer 😞
jasl wrote:

Confirmed on essential phone both with 8.1 and 9.0. Can't believe this problem has been going on for so long. SoundCloud is completely useless on my phone

Exactly the same for me. Essential phone as well!
Same happens for me using a galaxy 9, the same songs play fine before uploaded to SoundCloud then I start to get clicks at random spots throughout songs
I can confirm I am having this same issue on my Galaxy 8+. Thought at first it was happening due to cable movement, however I tested this with a completely movement-free setup and its still happening. Needless to say, listening to music with these pops sucks major.
Is there really no update for this yet? Seems like a pretty big issue that affects a lot of people.
Userlevel 2
so apparently i may have a fix for this guys, after this long I messed around in my settings since. In Developer Options theres this tab called quick settings developer tiles, and in there for some odd reason even when my phone wasnt in power saver this setting has been on. Probably causing performance degration, so turn this off. Give this a shot and tell me if it helps you guys too. Theres still a crackle when i adjust my volume but as long as you dont change it too much it doesn't bother me anymore.
Userlevel 2
Craftah wrote:

so apparently i may have a fix for this guys, after this long I messed around in my settings since. In Developer Options theres this tab called quick settings developer tiles, and in there for some odd reason even when my phone wasnt in power saver this setting has been on. Probably causing performance degration, so turn this off. Give this a shot and tell me if it helps you guys too. Theres still a crackle when i adjust my volume but as long as you dont change it too much it doesn't bother me anymore.

this actually didn't fix only worked temporarily. oddly enough tonight I noticed it
Userlevel 2
and sorry for clicking solved because this is not lol
I tweeted at them twice, no reply. Gonna wait. I have the essential phone with this issue. 😞
ALRIGHT CHIEFS

I am a new owner of a Samsung Galaxy S8 and with SoundCloud being my favorite platform its really annoying to have the crackling on just SoundCloud especially when the S6 had no issues. I might've found a solution that for me eliminated a lot of crackling and sound hiccups. I just tried this and I hope I'm right because I just went through 2 songs that normally get cracking and was pleasantly surprised to hear none. This solution only works for headphones and ear buds because the setting is locked to it. On Settings go to Sounds and Vibration and scroll down to the bottom to see Sound Quality and Effects. The option UHQ Upscaler should be grayed out until you plug headphones in and then it becomes available. I turned it on and the crackling was essentially eliminated despite I slight crackle when playing songs, but it does not continue on like it used to. Hope this helps.
Craftah wrote:

Go check what I replied and see if it works for you
average6466 wrote:

Craftah wrote:

Go check what I replied and see if it works for you

That is already turned off for my Galaxy S8, that was a problem for all sound a few months ago for me.

Any other ideas?
Same issue on S9+ running Oreo. Found a fix though, simply uninstall SoundCloud and install Spotify.
There is an Essential 9.0 Nov 2018 update that claim fix an "HD Audio" issue.
GS8+vzw, Albeit 8.newest

I believe it's a memory issue with how Soundcloud is handled in the system RAM. I have other various issues with Soundcloud, all resulting from switching to any other app while Soundcloud is handled as a running task and not the foreground application. Crackling audio is just the tip of the iceberg. Frozen video ads (why video ads for an audio app..I don't get that)(this issues even while Soundcloud is in the foreground, but only if I've switched apps and back), can't remember my last viewed page, switching playlists, closing altogether when I get a non-system notification or any audio playback, playback continues to another artist (usually random) if kept in the background when a playlist isn't selected to play, spectrum visualization is broken for many tracks and doesn't fix until it hits the end of the graph, in the middle of the track (makes for difficult navigation..).... Oh..and even frozen video ads while playing the next track with no way to change tracks from the ad screen (play screen).

Clear app data? Sure. Uninstall and clear all data? Absolutely. Restart phone? You bet. When there's enough system memory used, it doesn't matter. And I've got 4 gigs, with at least 1.2 gigs of free ram leftover, as well. I would love to pay for ad free, but the experience isn't worth it, and I've been using Soundcloud for a few years. Why isn't there an option in the app to submit bugs? If not for everyone, how about random heavy users? Love the web version on my PC, though.
LG G7 user here, also still having this problem on Android 8.0