Answered

Android app closes when screen goes to sleep

• 4 September 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi,
I have been encountering this issue now for a couple of months. I have reviewed all similar posts and a fresh download and reboot don't resolve it. I have also made sure that the app runs in the background.
The app cuts out when the phone goes to sleep, which is 5 seconds after the screen goes off. This happens both when I manually lock the phone or it locks itself.
It is intermittent when I manually lock my phone, but happens constantly when it automatically goes to sleep.

I have a Huawei P9 Lite running Android 7.0.

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Orron Adams 11 September 2018, 17:16

Hi,
I have been encountering this issue now for a couple of months. I have reviewed all similar posts and a fresh download and reboot don't resolve it. I have also made sure that the app runs in the background.
The app cuts out when the phone goes to sleep, which is 5 seconds after the screen goes off. This happens both when I manually lock the phone or it locks itself.
It is intermittent when I manually lock my phone, but happens constantly when it automatically goes to sleep.

Thanks.

I have resolved my own issue.
After some investigation I have found the resolution, if anyone needed it in the future.
The issue is happening to me for all music apps and it is cutting out because Google Chrome is closing with the screen lock. I'm not sure how the two are related, but after changing the Chrome app settings I'm no longer having the issue.
Here is what I did on my Huawei, but I'm sure it will be similar across Android devices.

Settings > Apps > Chrome > Battery > Slide "Close after screen locked" off
View original

2 replies

Hi,

Thanks.

I have resolved my own issue.
After some investigation I have found the resolution, if anyone needed it in the future.
The issue is happening to me for all music apps and it is cutting out because Google Chrome is closing with the screen lock. I'm not sure how the two are related, but after changing the Chrome app settings I'm no longer having the issue.
Here is what I did on my Huawei, but I'm sure it will be similar across Android devices.

Settings > Apps > Chrome > Battery > Slide "Close after screen locked" off
that does work!! 🙂