Question

Android app does not load in my Likes/Collection

• 10 May 2016
  • 3 replies

I can not get the Android app to load my account's likes. I have recently switched phones, and upon logging in last week my Likes were blank. I have patiently waited and retried over the past few days, with no luck. I have followed advice to log out of my account, clear my cache, uninstall and reinstall the app. No change. Everything else seems to work fine though.

When I go to my collection (the heart icon) I get an error message saying "There was a problem loading your collection." However, it shows my playlists/sets. When I click on Liked Tracks, it tells me I have no internet connection. Also, if I like a track on my phone, it never shows up on the desktop. So the problem is bidirectional.

As a fellow developer, it would seem to me your API's endpoint is either broken, or the app is pointing at the wrong version. Please fix this soon. I live and breathe on my SC likes list. The app is pretty much useless to me without this feature, and you don't have a mobile site I can use in the interim.

I'm now paying for SC Go and two Pro accounts. If this is not fixed relatively soon I may just have to cancel my subscriptions, and I really don't want it to come to that. But without access to my 2000+ likes I've amassed over the past few years, nor the ability to keep track of new songs I discover, there's really no point in me using your service anymore. Please fix this.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Zephyr,

Apologies about the delay in responding. Our mobile engineers are currently looking into an issue where users with a high amount of likes is experiencing with app crashes or likes not loading.

We're hoping to be able to fix this soon. In the meantime, you might consider joining the beta program to see if the most recent build works more stable. (and submit crash reports to our mobile engineers directly).

All the best
Mathis
Dear Mathis,

the issue still appears. When you will fix this?

Br.
Mar.
I'm having the exact same problem and it's really frustrating