Answered

Android Auto Support

• 28 March 2019
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 2
I was wondering when Android Auto will be supported. It's the only music app that I use which doesn't have that feature. It's very much needed because it makes it easier to switch songs while driving. The lack of this feature makes me not use SoundCloud during my long multiple hour drives home.
icon

Best answer by Carrie Hall 29 March 2019, 09:13

Hi there @jsleepy89, thanks for your feedback. We've had a lot of requests for Android Auto but unfortunately we're not planning to work on it for the time being. We appreciate your support and will pass the feedback onto our product teams.
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi there @jsleepy89, thanks for your feedback. We've had a lot of requests for Android Auto but unfortunately we're not planning to work on it for the time being. We appreciate your support and will pass the feedback onto our product teams.
Userlevel 2
Hey @Carrie Hall thanks for responding it's sad that the product team isnt going to address it anytime soon especially when multiple customers have asked for it. It's pretty surprising honestly. I hope at the very least it's on the roadmap as a future item to be added.
Userlevel 3
@jsleepy89 It's definitely on our radar, but we're a small team and haven't got capacity right now. Thanks for your support!

@jsleepy89 It's definitely on our radar, but we're a small team and haven't got capacity right now. Thanks for your support!

Hey @Carrie Hall I'm sure you and the team have seen this http://www.jeffreyhumble.com/soundcloud-for-android-auto/ if not I'm just passing it along. Love the app and look forward to it being available via Android Auto soon. - Mark
Userlevel 3
@Mark Ricks Thanks for sharing!

Was a paying customer until i got a car with android auto and because i enjoy using android auto was forced to go to a competitor. I also noted it in the reason why i was leaving. Just came to check if it is supported now but still no go.

Compared to competitors I really enjoy the fact that there is a lot of experimental music on SoundCloud so hope i can come back soon. Lets not forget about Google home integration.

I would pay for Go+ if Soundcloud had Android Auto. I listen to a lot of long DJ sets uploaded to Soundcloud and not all of them can be downloaded.

Just upgraded to Go+ and am really sad about missing support for Android Auto. Would love to listen to my downloaded stuff also in the car but missing support and enc file type of downloaded content makes it impossible. You guys should really catch up with your competitors -.- 

I was about to upgrade to Go+ and then thought I would check to see when Android Auto would be support. Just read that it's not going to be anytime soon if ever. 

Yeah no thanks. Glad I didn't spend my money on an app way out of touch. Btw Devs it's almost 2020 probably want to catch up with the rest of the world.

Userlevel 1

Please Support Androide Auto.

I was wondering when Android Auto will be supported. It's the only music app that I use which doesn't have that feature. It's very much needed because it makes it easier to switch songs while driving. The lack of this feature makes me not use SoundCloud during my long multiple hour drives home.

Reminds me of the fate of Nokia

I'm a creator subscriber and Go+ subscriber, and I would absolutely love to have soundcloud on Android Auto. This is basically the reason I don’t use android auto - because I use soundcloud so heavily.

...or you could see it the other way round: I use Android Auto, but cannot use soundcloud - so what’s the point of subscribing? I might as well just cancel it and go with a competitor who *does* support it.

As someone else mentioned above: seriously, it’s almost 2020, why are you *not* prioritising it?