Question

Android Google Maps navigation volume cuts out Soundcloud volume

• 26 September 2015
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S6 but this also happens on an LG G4 I have used.

The Maps navigation volume is too loud over the Soundcloud app but not over the Android Music app. The navigation voice lowers my music volume to zero (or near zero) but continues playing in the background.

I am aware of the navigation volume setting and have used it to lower the volume to the "Softer" level over the Music app.

I am not sure if this is an issue with the Maps app or with Soundcloud. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Alex

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Alex,

You may want to get in touch with Maps support, I am unable to reproduce the error and have not seen similar reports.

-Gina
Hi Alex,

You may want to get in touch with Maps support, I am unable to reproduce the error and have not seen similar reports.

-Gina

Hi Gina,

Thank you for taking the time to look into this.

I contacted Maps support who said:

"You should contact the developer of the Soundcloud app. The app may not be working properly with Android alarm sounds."

I am running the latest version of Lollipop. I have also uploaded a video to demonstrate the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7URk84iO2IQ

This also occurs on an LG G4 phone on Andoid 5.1.1 and a Nexus 7 tablet on Andoid 5.1.1

Kind regards,

Alex
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Alex,

-Gina

Hi there Alexander,

Just a heads up that I've forwarded this to the relevant product team on our end. I'll make sure to update you here when I hear back from them.
same here ,,when I'm using google maps or waze to navigate and listen to soundcloud the sound from soundcloud will be muted when navigation app start to " speak" ,,after that soundcloud continue
Hi Alex,

-Gina

Hi Mathis, thanks for forwarding this on. I am enjoying Soundcloud Go as it allows me to save some data while driving. However this issue is still not fixed and it's making me reconsider my subscription. Do you know if this is going to be fixed in future?