Solved

Android Mobile App

• 17 January 2019
  • 15 replies

When you go into activity on the android mobile app and click "commented on..." it does not display the comment but takes you to the person's profile.
icon

Best answer by Carrie Hall 18 January 2019, 09:24

Hi Bruce, thanks for the report. We have redesigned our comments area and unfortunately we can no longer link you to the comment from the activity screen. You can find the full list of comments from the player if you tap on the speech bubble icon when you are playing that song.

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi Bruce, thanks for the report. We have redesigned our comments area and unfortunately we can no longer link you to the comment from the activity screen. You can find the full list of comments from the player if you tap on the speech bubble icon when you are playing that song.

Thanks for getting back to me Carrie. I do think there was some advantages to the way it used to work because in the one activity screen you could view comments for all your different pieces rather than having to click on one piece at a time and look at the comments. And of course, it would be nice to be able to respond to comments on the mobile app, I'm sure you've heard that. But, all in all I Do Love SoundCloud. Thanks again.
Userlevel 5
I just want you to know that this decision was the final factor in me canceling my pro subscription. The decisions this company has made baffles me. It is clear that Soundcloud used unsigned artists as a way to build up their database in the early years. Then incrementally SOLD OUT these artists for profit. Removal of groups, disabling reposts for your own tracks, the charts system and search feature BURIES the same people that helped you grow. We are buried in these search results, far far away from potential new listeners. Believe me, I am not blaming Soundcloud for me not becoming the next international music sensation... But I will blame their decision making as a deliberate calculated way to exploit unsigned artists. What actual benefit does this move offer? Is it to force people to use the virtually useless Pulse app ? This SUCKS
@Bruce Klepper Expressions @Louie Showers This ability to go directly to comments from activities will be restored in a redesigned version in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for your feedback.
Great! Thanks!
Userlevel 5
Thank you. Nice to hear.
@Bruce Klepper Expressions and @Louie Showers comments from activities are restored in the latest beta. Let us know what you think. Thanks
Userlevel 5
Thanks for the heads up. ☺️
It is not working for me unless you need to log out and log in again.
Userlevel 5
It's working here. Just go to the play store and try to install
It it seems ridiculous that you need to reload the app. I tried signing out and signing in that didn't work. I'll see
Userlevel 5
It's not really rediculous because it's an update. That's the only way to get to use the new feature.
@Bruce Klepper Expressions you shouldn't have to sign out and in again. Just to be clear, its in our beta, not in the regular app store. Beta gets updates about a week before the regular version. If you want to learn how to join check this out https://community.soundcloud.com/android-230073/information-about-the-android-beta-7426196
Userlevel 5
Sorry, should have mentioned that I am beta member. The update pushed through today.
That makes sense - I will wait - thanks for getting this done!