Question

Android Mobile App - Error signing in

• 11 September 2019
  • 0 replies

Hi all.

So I may get a bit of flack for this, considering I'm using a rather old phone after my iPhone 6 decided it didn't want to charge anymore, and figured it didn't need a working touch screen either.

Whenever I try to sign into SoundCloud, it simply says "Error: we couldn't sign you in, are you sure your details are correct?"

Details / things I've tried:
I've attempted changing my log in details, logging into Soundcloud via browser and they worked fine, so I know for a fact the details are perfectly correct.

It boots me out of the sign in process very quickly. As in two seconds pass at max before it boots me out, which makes me think either the credentials aren't being checked, or something else is booting me out straightaway. Maybe because I'm already signed into the desktop version? Though that was never an issue before.. hrmm.

I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S3, and every other app I've downloaded (such as the likes of Spotify and Facebook Messenger) works perfectly, so I'm not sure the age of the phone is a problem.

My Android version is 4.2.2.

I've gone through the process of restarting my phone with the app installed, restarting after deleting and then reinstalling, force stopping via the app manager, clearing the cache, a simple reinstall, a complete power-off and manually turning it back on, and I'm lost as to what to do next.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions I can try?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!