Android troubleshooting

Userlevel 4
Hi everyone,

Sometimes, the Android app might not work the way you want it to. This can have multiple root causes.

Android provides a number of troubleshooting steps to check & see if the issue can be sorted out.

Here are a few basic maintenance steps to try on your device in order to fix this.
  1. Sign out of the app.
  2. Force stop it by going to your Application Manager and clicking 'Force Stop'.
  3. Under this menu also click 'Clear Cache'.
  4. Restart your device.
  5. Open the app and log in again.

If none of these steps help to sort out the issue, please try deleting the app, restart the device once again, and download the app from the Google Play store again. Please note that content that you had previously synced for offline listening will have to be downloaded again after reinstalling the app.

Still not working? In that case we kindly ask you to join our Android beta program. This way you'll be using our most current builds, and you can submit a crash report directly to our mobile engineers if things don't work as planned.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Mathis

This topic has been closed for comments

172 replies

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Android App keeps playing when I close the app.

Hi,

I have a problem with your Android application; when I close the app it keeps playing tracks. I've made sure it's closed since it is not listed in my active applications. There doesn't seem to be any settings to stop the music when closing the app, so the only way to make it stop seems to be to go to Details and Force Stopping it. I'm guessing it keeps running hidden as a Service.

Would be neat to get a fix for this, thanks!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My likes from my mobile app aren't showing up on the website.

My likes from my mobile app aren't showing up on the website
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Likes and playlists different on my devices.

The amount of likes on each of my devices are different they only show up on the device that i like them on same with the playlists, if i add more songs to a playlist on my phone they do not get added to the playlists on the other devices i might switch to spotify, i don't want to but if problems keep happening it would be much less frustrating to just switch
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Music stops playing and numbers flash.

Whenever I play music, it stops and the numbers flash. I don't know why its doing this, but I'd like to know why. I have an android core running on 4.4.2
Following/Unfollowing any user will not update on mobile app. I've refreshed the app multiple times with no luck. Following a new user will not show on my list of people I follow. Unfollowing a user will work temporarily, but as soon as you refresh the app you're auto following the same user again. Very aggravating!
Since the last update (for the holidays, it was a few days ago), I can't use the app. It crashes every time after only 2-5 minutes of use. I'm not doing anything special, just trying to play tracks from the stream. It never happened before the last update. Please fix it ASAP, because I cant use the app!
I'm using Galaxy S2, 4.1.2
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Soundcloud android app uploading error.

Every time I try to upload a track I get an error saying that the upload failed. The app processes the track but uploading fails at the last per cents
My app is up-to-date and my OS meets the system requirements so the problem isn't in those
The upload error occurs both in in-app recordings and sound files I'm trying to share from other apps.
My account also has a fair amount of upload time left
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled It's no longer compatible with my phone..

I had this app installed for almost a year, and there were no problems, but since the october update, randomly the message would pop up telling me that song connot be streamed. I went on your Qestions HQ and followed the instructions. I've reinstalled the app and it didn't fix anything (i tried like 3 or 4 times a few weeks back). So today I've deleted the app, and searched for it on the Android Market (my phone is HTC Desire Z with Android 2.3.3 and HTC Sense 2.1) and the app wasn't there! So i went to google play on my PC and found out, that my phone is no longer compatible. Could you help me? Because i really, really like this app.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled New update keeps crashing.

New update keeps crashing. I'm on Galaxy Note 10.1 Android 4.1.
The updated feed is shit. Its a lot more difficult to see everything compared to a list.
Still haven't fixed the app syncing followings problem.
Apart from that it was a great app that i used everyday.
You've probably considered making a paid version so you can get some decent developers. Maybe a paid version and a free version like other apps.
These troubleshooting tips were 0 help. All problems seems to have begun when the newest update was introduced
Userlevel 5
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled im a pro account user & when play my mixes on the app?.

im a pro account user & when play my mixes on the android app it keeps buffering?? why when im a full paying pro subscription is this happening??! seriously soundclouds going down the pan soo quick,its so annoying all the bugs and crap designs when it was ten times better before,another thing,my stats have now disappeared,also why have the likes disappeared,yet you get notifications of someone liking youre tracks?? seriously this place is loosing the plot with the amataer changes and mistakes being made by the tech people here,it was sooomuch better before and simple!!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Some strange clicks and gaps appear after phone screen turns off.

I have the following problem after recent updates:
There some strange clicks and gaps appear after phone screen turns off. Looks like frames are
skipped in a energy saving mode or something like that.
The problem is reproducible and probably has constant timings.
There is no artifacts in sound while screen is on, neither with playback on Soundcloud mobile website.
I use 1st gen Moto G with Android 5.1, SoundCloud version 2015.12.03-release.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Phone app not adding songs to desktop playlists..

Hi! My phone app (android, latest version) isn't syncing songs I add on it to my actual soundcloud apps without me logging on to wifi on my phone and refreshing all the playlists I've added songs to (on my phone).

The 'only update over wifi' check box in the menu isn't ticked, so presumably that means it is intended to do it any time?

If this does get fixed is there a chance I'll lose the songs I have added in the mean time?

Thank you!

Charlie.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Sound artifacts (popping) when switching pages in Android app..

There are noticeable sound artifacts (popping) when switching pages in the SoundCloud Android app.

I can reproduce this issue on my Galaxy Nexus phone but not on my Nexus 7 tablet
1. Play song.
2. Go to main menu page.
3. Click View Public Profile.
4. Popping occurs.

Da Vosk Docta - cold _ (internet ghetto 4)
Switching back and forth with Profile page in first 15 seconds.
No menu switching in last 15 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Nexus
Android: 4.2.2 build JDQ39
SoundCloud: 2015.12.03-release

Device: Nexus 7 FHD
Android: 4.6.1 build MMB29K
SoundCloud: 2015.12.03-release
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why my profile on app is not being updated.

I have updated my profile on pc, but on app it wasn't updated.
My profile on pc looks one way and on phone another way...
why so?
The other changes were implemented quite quick on phone's app, after having been done on pc.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Redisplay closed Mobile app install icons.

How do I redisplay the mobile app "install icons" (Android icon and Apple icon). I clicked on the "X", the icons went away, and now I cannot figure out how to re-enable them.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Liked tracks only in shuffle mode??.

Hey! I have some trouble with playing music on Android with the latest SoundCloud installed. My liked tracks are playing in shuffle mode, not like it was before, following each other. How could I fix this problem? Thanks in advance.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled After logging in soundcloud immediately logs me out (redirects to /logout page)..

I try to sign in (tried both email and pw and facebook sign in).
After I'm signed in, soundcloud immediately redirects me to /logout and I'm logged out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Yaron Tadmor wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled After logging in soundcloud immediately logs me out (redirects to /logout page)..

I try to sign in (tried both email and pw and facebook sign in).
After I'm signed in, soundcloud immediately redirects me to /logout and I'm logged out.

Hi there,

Hope this issue is fixed for you. If it isn't, please try the troubleshooting steps outlined in the original post. Also, please test if you can properly sign in on a computer / different device to isolate the issue further.

Cheers
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Latest android update is working very slow.

Hi,
I couple of weeks ago I updated to the latest version and since then the app hasn _t worked as well as usual. It takes ages to pass from one song to another. Not only when passing songs itself but also when I change manually.
The Android version I _m running is 5.1.1
Has anyone else reported the same issue?
Any solutions?
Thanks
Raul.
Turning Point Church wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Redisplay closed Mobile app install icons.

How do I redisplay the mobile app "install icons" (Android icon and Apple icon). I clicked on the "X", the icons went away, and now I cannot figure out how to re-enable them.

This issue occurred while accessing SoundCloud through my Desktop browser. I clicked the "x (close)" next to the 'install" icons for Android and Apple and when they disappeared, I could not re-enable them.

A friend of mine recommended I clear my browser cache and re-visit my SoundCloud page. Jackpot! The Mobile app install icons are back. SoundCloud needs a checkbox in the account options page to enable/disable these mobile app icons. The "disable ('x')" option should not be available on the main site page - most people will not figure out this workaround on their own.
RaulFortes wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Latest android update is working very slow.

Hi,
I couple of weeks ago I updated to the latest version and since then the app hasn _t worked as well as usual. It takes ages to pass from one song to another. Not only when passing songs itself but also when I change manually.
The Android version I _m running is 5.1.1
Has anyone else reported the same issue?
Any solutions?
Thanks
Raul.

Thanks for merging with this topic. Problem solved!
I uninstalled and installed again the Soundcloud app and works perfectly again.
Thanks again!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Android - since 2 days nothing works properly.

Yesterday it was impossible to rewind, fast forward, pause a song. Today its even impossible to start playing a song and finally if song starts playing the only way to stop is to log out. Nothing more is seen than this:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Timeline bar on tracks (orange bar) is out of sync..

I have this issue for a long time now and no-one seems to have the same problem as me. When I play a track the orange bar is out of sync, it's going faster that it's supposed to go but when I press pause and play again it takes the bar back to the original place but not for long since the bar still goes faster. I am on Motorola Google Nexus 6 and I'm running on Android 6.0.1 and SoundCloud version is 2016.01.18-release
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Soundcloud lags/skips when playing on my Samsung S5 while screenlocked.

Hello, I have the following problem. Whenever I play music from soundcloud app on my Samsung Galaxy S5, it will skip/glitch slightly every 20 seconds or so if my screen is locked. If my screen is unlocked it does not happen. I have tried reinstalling the app but this has not fixed the problem. Can anyone help me with this? I have seen some other comments about this problem, but no suggested solution.