Question

any way to reduce flipper.db?

• 1 April 2018
  • 5 replies

hi! my android only has 16GB so the 121MB flipper.db is taking up the most real estate in my Android/data directory.

Is there any way to compress its size?

Is it ok to delete & let the app create it again later?

My Soundcloud app is on my SD. It would be great if you would store app files on the SD because I only use the app when my SD is inserted.

5 replies

I have the same question. com.soundcloud.android is 146 MB big even after clearing the cache inside the soundloud app settings. I don't even have an idea what flipper is. And skippy looks like to be a sibling.

More and more messanger and apps are approaching the market. Is soundclound to be a dinasour soon, to big to survive on my phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, these files are important for the app to work properly I'm afraid, but I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our mobile product team.
I have the same problem, but in my case I have a 8GB phone at the flipper file is 458MB!
Some songs that I added to my playlists can play even when I'm offline. When I open the 'Offline' folder in the SoundCloud map in my file explorer, it shows that there are no files in it. My guess is that SoundCloud saves those files in the flipper folder, since the size of that folder is different for everyone.
Some songs that I added to my playlists can play even when I'm offline. When I open the 'Offline' folder in the SoundCloud map in my file explorer, it shows that there are no files in it. My guess is that SoundCloud saves those files in the flipper folder, since the size of that folder is different for everyone.
That is correct, the flipper file is essentially song cache from your recent seesions. If you go to your listening history, you can play most of the tracks there even offline if you haven't cleared cache or deleted the said file. So if you want to free up space, feel free to delete the flipper. But if you want to save on mobile data, I'd recommend keeping it.