Answered

Crackling

• 3 August 2018
  • 1 reply

When I listen to music on the Soundcloud app on my phone the bass in the music makes the playback crackle and sort of slow down, both my phone and the app are updated and the crackling only happens with wired earphones or headphones and not with Bluetooth headphones. I don't have this problem with any other music on my phone, just Soundcloud. The crackling doesn't happen when I listen on my computer, just the phone.
icon

Best answer by Creolian 21 January 2019, 22:31

If it does at lower volume it's Pre amp saturation in the phone... my old moto hd does the same thing with certain mixes and eq settings...

the speed end issue is either a time base error or a loose nut on your keyboard 😉. Digital files are locked to a clock, unless the clock is slowing down it might be a misperception. Is the music still in tune ?

hth
View original

1 reply

If it does at lower volume it's Pre amp saturation in the phone... my old moto hd does the same thing with certain mixes and eq settings...

the speed end issue is either a time base error or a loose nut on your keyboard 😉. Digital files are locked to a clock, unless the clock is slowing down it might be a misperception. Is the music still in tune ?

hth