Answered

Crackling and Popping - Android 9 pie

• 22 April 2019
  • 10 replies

There's an extremely obnoxious crackling and popping sound that happens on everysingle track I listen to. I have go+ and have been using the service for 5 or so years and this problem has persisted longer than any other and it's the most annoying! I've deleted the app, restarted my device (Galaxy s8+), cleared the cache of the app, wiped unnecessary files from my phone and it still happens. If anyone has a fix that'd be much appreciated. This also seems to be a very common problem with android so FIX IT Soundcloud. For good this time.
icon

Best answer by Milos Pesic 26 April 2019, 12:00

@Tbrig @AJLamb @Enlooten
Thank you for reporting the issue. We shipped experimental fix to our beta users. It would be great if you could try joining our beta group to test it before we ship it to the whole user base.
To join our beta community: https://community.soundcloud.com/android-230073/information-about-the-android-beta-7426196

Thank you for your time and looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Best Regards,
Milos Pesic
Playback Engineer at SoundCloud
View original

10 replies

Im having the same issue and so far from what I've read, there's no fix. I've even tried signing up for their beta version to no avail. It's getting to the point where paying for Go+ won't be worth it anymore.
I should add I have a galaxy S8 and the issue seemed to happen around the time my software upgraded to android 9.0.
Would like to second this. Playback was perfectly fine for years, then my phone(Samsung S8) decided to upgrade to Android 9 - instantly that night I notice audio is crackly and pops several times every few seconds, but only in SoundCloud. This is unlistenable, and driving me up a wall. Not worth paying for a subscription like this if they can't find a fix. Tried all the many suggestions Mathis has posted over the years of this happening to other people, none work. Tried four or five headphones, bluetooth, clearing cache, redownloading, restarting and redownloading, changing audio quality.

Please fix this.
Userlevel 1
@Tbrig @AJLamb @Enlooten
Thank you for reporting the issue. We shipped experimental fix to our beta users. It would be great if you could try joining our beta group to test it before we ship it to the whole user base.
To join our beta community: https://community.soundcloud.com/android-230073/information-about-the-android-beta-7426196

Thank you for your time and looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Best Regards,
Milos Pesic
Playback Engineer at SoundCloud
The fix works for me in the Beta, thanks so much guys!
Yep, most recent update seems to have fixed it. Thanks guys.
I downloaded the test app and continue to have crackling noise in our posted songs. I have a number of SoundCloud pages and I'm paying a premium for a number of them as well. Then when I share the music through SoundCloud with others they tell me that my music has background noise in it as though we recorded it that way... this is very disappointing and has been going on for way too long... a tech company like SoundCloud should be able to correct this very quickly.

Sadly sadly we are going to have to consider other venues for our music and we are spending currently hundreds of dollars a year here with SoundCloud!

I have a number of SoundCloud pages and I'm paying a premium for a number of them as well. Then when I share the music through SoundCloud with others they tell me that my music has background noise in it as though we recorded it that way... this is very disappointing and has been going on for way too long... a tech company like SoundCloud should be able to correct this very quickly.

Sadly sadly we are going to have to consider other venues for our music and we are spending currently hundreds of dollars a year here with SoundCloud!

I am still getting the crackling in the beta.
This is a glitch that will drive you absolutely insane. for the hundreds of users I have seen complain about this there must be tens of thousands who don't complain and just live with the glitches static and pops. I imagine most people assume it's their headphone jack. seems like SoundCloud is just deciding they can't fix it and just letting people live with garbage noise.