Things I've tried:
- I opted into and out of the beta version of the app but no luck.
- I even tried going to the SoundCloud website on my phone to listen to the same song and there's still popping. This is probably a SoundCloud only issue because I listened the same song on YouTube and it's really clear.
- I tried using my earbuds and phone speakers and both have the same issue.
- Tried listening to many different songs but the issue persists.
Is there anything I could do at this point? I feel like I've exhausted all my options and I have to just live with this terrible popping sounds
Best answer by Milos Pesic
We have rolled out an experimental change that could fix your issues to a part of our beta community.
We would like to ask you to help us and test if these changes fix the problem you are experiencing by doing the following:
- join our beta community: https://community.soundcloud.com/android-230073/information-about-the-android-beta-7426196
- once you notice the problem send us a bug report with a short description (app's Settings Tab -> Report a Bug option). This will enable us to provide you the experimental changes. Once we do that, we will let you know so you can retest the application and verify if it solves the issue.
Let us know if you need more information.