Question

Desktop site on Android device?

• 1 February 2018
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1
How can I access the full Soundcloud website from Chrome on my Android phone? Only the crappy mobile version is showing up.

I need to download a couple of my tracks and the crappy mobile version doesn't seem to have download functionality.

Thanks
Tony

15 replies

Userlevel 1
Any possibility of any comment from anyone at Soundcloud? This ridiculous lack of functionality (no uploads, no downloads) for no clear reason is frustrating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Tony,

The website version of SoundCloud is currently only available on desktop computers and laptops, sorry.
Userlevel 2
Hi Tony,

The website version of SoundCloud is currently only available on desktop computers and laptops, sorry.

This is a major pain to not have access to website on mobile. Why not add all the functionalities then on mobile site?

Hi Tony,

This is a major pain to not have access to website on mobile. Why not add all the functionalities then on mobile site?

What a rubbish useless app
No functionality in app to block pervs following you and using indecent photos as the profile page. This app encourages sexual images to be linked into your profile.
Just chiming in to agree that yes, soundcloud's app is stupid garbage. I cant edit my profile or any of my images without a laptop, period, and that is just not acceptable. I'm getting pretty disgusted by these online services that don't listen to what their users want, or even provide BASIC functionality when we need it.
I don't have access to a computer right now and I needed to download an audio for my video. This sucks. The functionality on mobile is so limited, they should really fix it so that us users can get on the desktop site from mobile. Or at least give the app the same features of the normal webpage.
Not only does SoundCloud not seem to care, but it looks like they actually deleted my earlier comment on the matter.
I agree with Angel, you don't want people making music from their phone and I don't have a pc
its stupid because i cant end my subscription without using a laptop and paying 10 dollars a month for this app is garbage.
The app is such garbage, and you simply can't use the desktop site on your phone's browser. It makes no sense. All I want to do is delete some songs. That's the simplest possible thing I can imagine doing with my account. No wonder everyone's jumping ship on this trash water company that doesn't care about its supporters. I hope they all go bankrupt.
Oh my days, this is ridiculous. Now after reading your posts I see that it's not me being a dumbass, I really can't delete an uploaded track without being at an actual PC - how fucking stupid is that. It doesn't let you from the app, AND you can't get to the full site from a tablet. This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen...I mean, really Soundcloud???? Are you for real?
How can I access the full Soundcloud website from Chrome on my Android phone? Only the crappy mobile version is showing up.

I need to download a couple of my tracks and the crappy mobile version doesn't seem to have download functionality.

Thanks
Tony

Hi people,

you can access to web site from any mobile browser, don't panic. Just go to your browser and enter sondcloud.com

Once you are there, click on the browser "three dot" button to get into browser options. Then select "bring me to web version" or "ask for desktop site" and THAT's IT!!

Hope you enjoy..

Greettings

Thanks
Tony

Hi people,

you can access to web site from any mobile browser, don't panic. Just go to your browser and enter sondcloud.com

Once you are there, click on the browser "three dot" button to get into browser options. Then select "bring me to web version" or "ask for desktop site" and THAT's IT!!

Hope you enjoy..

Greettings

False. The goddamn site just locks you out, and says 'our robots think you are a robot'

Considering many of us pay for our accounts, I think it is ludicrous that SoundCloud will just lock out the 'view as webpage' functionality.

I will be demanding a refund through my credit company if I cannot access the site while I have no access to a laptop. Being at a festival and needing to access my own music to download to a usb drive to perform is going to be a challenge if I can't access the service I pay for.
@tarik13