Question

Download limit reached even with plenty of free space

• 16 October 2017
  • 2 replies

When I attempt to download songs from the Android app, "download pending" appears next to the song's offline status and nothing happens. A notification pops up that claims I've reached my download limit even though I have nothing downloaded and over 10gb of free storage. I checked my offline listening settings and I can't change the download limit from "unlimited". Not only that, but no information appears for used storage space as I've seen in other's screenshots of the app.

Would really appreciate help as the FAQ/first aid section has been useless and I can't seem to get in touch with soundcloud.

Thanks,
Rowan

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi thewonker,

Hmm, sorry to hear that. Your account settings don't indicate any form of reached download limit. I would actually recommend to go ahead and delete the app, restart your phone (be sure you know your SIM pin if it has one), then download the app again. Please note that if you have a SoundCloud Go/ SoundCloud Go+ subscription, you will need to re-download your content for offline listening.

Hope this does the trick.

Cheers
Mathis
@Mathis

having the the same problem as everyone else. Says I’ve reached download limit but I still have plenty of space. Please fix