Question

Drains Battery

Userlevel 1
Since two days i noticed, that i received the alert from android, that Soundcloud drains Battery. Today i noticed, that my phone (OnePlus 5T) was getting really hot, which i never had before. I was listening to music for several hours, but today my battery really went down fast. As far as I know, I didn't had this last week and i have it running continiously in the background apps.
Is there something known regarding this issue?
Thanks in advance
feambmiao

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, sorry to hear that. We haven't received any further reports by other users about this. I would recommend to restart the phone and the app, or potentially to delete the app, restart again, then download the app again. Please note that if you have a SoundCloud Go/ SoundCloud Go+ subscription, you will need to re-download your content for offline listening.

Let the community know how it went. 🙂

Cheers
Mathis
I can confirm this is still an ongoing issue I have the same phone I'm not sure if it's isolated to OnePlus devices or specifically oxygenos but it's becoming increasingly annoying to have to deal with since this wasn't an issue on any other Android devices I've used in the past. I want to say it has to do with the way the application as a whole verifies offline content as a go subscriber I definitely use that functionality quite a bit (15gb+ saved offline) so maybe it has something to do with that?
Its not isolated to OnePlus devices but could be related to Doze, If they don't use the correct manifest permissions for the app.
I'm using soundcloud on a samsung s7 and since using the offline listening i always got problems while listening with a bad connection (like in the subway).
And the new content verification notification for the offline listening is never hiding (2400+ likes) maybe infinite loop ?
feambmiao wrote:

... that Soundcloud drains Battery. Today i noticed, that my phone (OnePlus 5T) was getting really hot, which i never had before. I was listening to music for several hours, but today my battery really went down fast. As far as I know, I didn't had this last week and i have it running continiously in the background apps.
Is there something known regarding this issue?

Having exactly the same issues, but with an iphone 7. The phone is getting extremly hot and drainig 1% per minute, with a locked screen.
Even with HD Videos such prolemes do not occure (but with Infinity Blade Games, but this is just an Music App)

I realisied the problem arose, when the app switched the name from "Soucloud" -> "Soundcloud - Music & Audio" and the following updates with all the fancy video stuff etc...
I have the same problem with overheating. I have an iPhone SE with IOS 12 and the soundcloud app uses ~ 1% battery in one to two minutes. Without using soundcloud I can run my phone nearly two days without charging, but when using soundcloud I need to have it on the charger.
I have had the same exact problems for months on iPhone 6 where I canceled my go subscription cause the app works like garbage on my phone and several of my friends phones. Straight up fix this @&$&#{! App bs already
I'm having the same issue on a clean Galaxy S7.
Running Android 6.0.1
2018.10.31-release as of this posting

I have to use the Package Disabler app to prevent Soundcloud from running in order to avoid battery drain.

I see drain even if I'm not running Soundcloud or signed into it. Using the OS Monitor app, I can see Soundcloud running up CPU intermittently. I also see an increate in system service CPU usage, which I think Soundcloud is triggering.

(I've also tracked this same issue to Same thing with any of the DI.fm apps)

I have a lot of stuff turned off and disabled to help prevent battery drain, like Location Services, etc. Have to wonder whether Soundcloud is trying to do something in the background and is unable to, so it just keeps trying?

I also have the phone heat issue. Not just warm, but super hot, and the battery meter drops 8% in 40 minutes off a fresh charge.
Same problem here and I'm not a Go/Go+ user. Constant notifications about SoundCloud's heavy battery use. Even when I force stop the app I get another identical notification within the hour. This only happens when I'm not actually using the app. Very annoying.

OnePlus 3T/OxygenOS 5.0.6/Android 8.0.0.
I have the same problem on my OnePlus 3T.
Every now and then Android is warning me that the SoundCloud app is draining the battery.
I get a notification on my OnePlus 3T every 15 minutes saying Soundcloud is draining my battery. Soundcloud isn't even open and I have disabled background data for it. What's it even doing? It's been rebooted several times and I have force stopped it too to make sure. Still bombarded with messages about Soundcloud draining my battery.
I would like to know what's going on as well. My phone keeps complaining that Soundcloud is draining the battery when I haven't even used it for weeks. Also, I have force stopped Soundcloud like 5 times + cleared all cached processes etc. without rebooting the phone in between but it always comes back. Is there another service restarting the Soundcloud service? Why? What are you doing on my phone?

I have uninstalled Soundcloud from my phone until there is a clear resolution for this. You do NOT start stuff on my phone without my permission and if I kill it, it stays dead until I start it again or it's gone for good.