Question

Headset remote play/pause button doesn't work on Android(only in Soundcloud)

• 17 January 2018
  • 16 replies

This morning or the day before, so assuming after the most recent update. The play/pause button stopped working on my headset remote on Android (v8, OnePlus 5). Volume up/down buttons work and the play/pause button works on other apps as expected. Please help.

16 replies

any solution?
I'm experiencing the same issue, i'm assuming this behavior was introduced in monday's release

the play/pause/forward/backward functions of my sennheiser momentum 2 do not work, the volume control does since it controls the volume of the headset, not the volume of the phone.

When connected to my car (Volvo V60, sensus connect) it appears nothing is playing as stated on the display, because of that the volume control also gets disabled

app version: 2018.01.15-release
Phone version: android 8.0.0 oxygenos 5.0.1 on oneplus5
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for reporting & sorry to hear this has recently become an issue. I cannot provide info as to when exactly this can be addressed, but I've forwarded your report to our Android engineers now.

Cheers
Mathis
I have the same issue with Bluetooth headphones.
Oenplus 5T android 8.0 Oreo.
It's solved on 2018.02.16-beta update
I just installed 2018.02.16-beta, the issue was not resolved, i'm seeing the exact same behaviour using the same headset (though I am running oxygenos 5.0.2 by now)

app version: 2018.02.16-beta
Phone version: android 8.0.0 oxygenos 5.0.2 on oneplus5
Hi, I am having the same issue on my OnePlus 5 with the latest updates. Volume is not app-dependent, so it works all the time. headset pause/play toggles poweramp all the time, whereas the last time I used soundcloud like this it would control either poweramp or soundcloud, whichever was most recently used (the desired method).

Additionally, at least in my new car (couldn't test before, so not sure if this has always been the case), soundcloud info doesn't transfer, so no track info is displayed, and the play/pause/skip functionality again toggles poweramp.
Same issue on OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 5, using a variety of wired and wireless headsets. Most (all?) of the people facing this issue seem to be OnePlus users... Or most of the SoundCloud users use OnePlus. Fix it!
I am having the same issue OnePlus 3T.
Very inconvenient not having steering wheel controls.
First world problems.
Im having the same issue on my oneplus 5t.
Same here with oneplus 5
Same problem here, the pause/skip button on my headset doesn't work on SoundCloud, works with other apps perfectly.
OnePlus 5T OxygenaOs version 5.0.4
SoundCloud version 14.2.2018 release.
OnePlus 3 user here, running Oreo 8.0.0, and Oxygen OS 5.0.2. I just noticed that even the gestures for next, previous and pause do not work with SoundCloud. The phone does register the gesture (as it vibrates upon receiving the gesture), but no action is performed.
Hope this gets addressed as well...
Same issue. Oneplus 5t, Oreo 8.0.0, I posted about it as well.
I'm cancelling my Pro subscription because it's basically worthless without being hands-free in my car. Fingers crossed we get a solution soon (ha).
Finally It's solved !!
I just get the OxygenOS Open Beta 6 update on my 5T and Soundcloud back to normal everything works fine.
This morning or the day before, so assuming after the most recent update. The play/pause button stopped working on my headset remote on Android (v8, OnePlus 5). Volume up/down buttons work and the play/pause button works on other apps as expected. Please help.

For me just previous track (three middle clicks) isn't working in SoundCloud (only), it will skip to the next track.
Since apps can control headphone remote control input (obvious because apps like SmartKey exist), I simply think SoundCloud just didn't implemented remote control correctly.

Sony Xperia XZ1, Android 8
SoundCloud v2018.06.06-release, Flipper v1.3.6