Question

I logged out of my Soundcloud app on android (LG G3) will no longer let me sign in again.

I logged out of my Soundcloud app on android (LG G3) will no longer let me sign in again. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but all I get is a message that says, "Oops! An unexpected error occurred. Please try again", when I try to sign in. It wont even let me create a new account or sign in with Facebook or Google. I can sign in on other devices and browsers, but can no longer do it on my LG G3.

30 replies

This happened to me after doing a system factory reset. I have deleted the application and reinstalled several times. Even if I try to make a new account with my existing email, it doesn't say that my email is in use, I get an unexpected error.

This happened to me after doing a system factory reset. I have deleted the application and reinstalled several times. Even if I try to make a new account with my existing email, it doesn't say that my email is in use, I get an unexpected error.
Hopefully one of these "Techs" will hurry up & help us out.. I don't know what to do..
Same thing has been happening to me on my G3 since I got an app update in February or March. I emailed their customer support and after a few emails back and forth and her asking me to uninstall and reinstall the app. She asked me what ISP I was using for my home wifi and what cellular service I am using. I felt like she went in the wrong direction since everything was working fine before the update. I never emailed back. I was hoping that they would release an update fixing the issue. I have have gotten one update since and I am still having the problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi everyone,

Thanks for writing in and sorry for the frustration caused by being logged out. Our developers are looking into a bug on Android causing both playback and login issues. Can all of you please make sure that you are able to log in ok from a computer? Also, in the meantime, our developers suggest using the Beta app in the Android Beta Community. With the Beta app, you'd be able to test out the newest version of the app and help our mobile developers speed up the troubleshooting process: http://goo.gl/6EGwBK.

If you choose to download the Beta app, going to Settings, then App Settings, then 'Force experimental player', which has been reported to fix the problem.

Let me know how it goes, or if you have any further questions!

Best,
Gina
Hi everyone,

Thanks for writing in and sorry for the frustration caused by being logged out. Our developers are looking into a bug on Android causing both playback and login issues. Can all of you please make sure that you are able to log in ok from a computer? Also, in the meantime, our developers suggest using the Beta app in the Android Beta Community. With the Beta app, you'd be able to test out the newest version of the app and help our mobile developers speed up the troubleshooting process: http://goo.gl/6EGwBK.

If you choose to download the Beta app, going to Settings, then App Settings, then 'Force experimental player', which has been reported to fix the problem.

Best,
Gina

Hi Gina,

Thanks for your help. I will try the beta app. Yes, I can log in successfully from a PC. The problem started occurring for me with the app update after February 18th. I remember, because I got the 5.0.1 update on the 18th. I was able to use the app for a while and then it stopped logging me in. I originally thought the problem was with logging in through Facebook, because that is how I normally log in and I have had problems with it. Even on Kit Kat with my old phone. I am not able to log in through Facebook, Google+ or with my SoundCloud credentials. I have rebooted my phone multiple times since then. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Tried all the login methods. I have gotten an update since then. I am on SoundCloud version 15.05.07. My LG G3 LS990 is running Android version 5.0.1.

Thanks!
Hi everyone,

Best,
Gina

I just got the update to 15.05.26. The problem is still occurring.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi everyone,

Best,
Gina

We just pushed out another last night. Please update again! 🙂
Hi everyone,

Best,
Gina

Thanks. It looks like that is the same update that I got yesterday morning. 15.05.26. It did not fix the issue.
The update is still not working Gina..
Hi everyone,

Best,
Gina

Same here. Hurting for my SoundCloud.. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again,

Sorry to hear that this is still not working. We've received a few more reports where this happens to users with the G3 exclusively actually. Our engineers are investigating what mind be the root cause to it.

I'll follow up with you here as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for your patience with this - much much appreciated!

Cheers
Mathis
I'm still having the same problem on my G3. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi dave,

Thanks for following up. Our developers are currently investigating an issue where some users cannot seem to log in properly on a specific device - you might be experiencing this particular bug at the moment. Really sorry about the inconvenience.

May I ask if you're logging in with your email address and password, or if you're using the Facebook or Google+ integration?

If you're not using either of the integrations, then you could try if it works when you connect one of the services. In order to do so, please log in to your account on a computer browser and go to
http://soundcloud.com/settings/connections - here, you can connect your Facebook or Google+ account to your SoundCloud account.

Let us know how it went.

Cheers
Mathis
I have the same issue with my galaxy s5, i factory reseted the Phone and i downloaded soundcloud when it booted up, get the same error massage when i try to log in.
I've tried both G+ and Facebook integrations as well as soundcloud email and password. Nothing works. Reset my password on the computer, no go. Uninstalled and reinstalled app several times.
It seems like The problem have been solved, or allenast for me, i can login now 🙂
Me too! Just signed in! Thanks
Not I.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Not I.
Hi there,

Our engineers are still looking into this issue and we're hoping to provide a fix for this soon. Sorry about the inconvenience & thank you for your patience.
Not I.
This issue is still on going. I just downloaded the app on my LG G3 and i get that same error message.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Not I.
Hi there Jonathan,

If this continues to be an issue for you, I'd like to ask you to join our beta program for Android users to see if this is working for you better. Our developers are still investigating what seems to be causing the issue to affect only specific accounts / devices. Any chance you've tried to sign in with a different account, maybe the one from a friend?

Thanks & all the best
Mathis
Hello! I am Having the same issue and there is no way around it. I also have an LG G3. Please help us resolve this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello! I am Having the same issue and there is no way around it. I also have an LG G3. Please help us resolve this.
Hi Ruday,

Sorry to hear this is not working for you at the moment. Can you try and join the Android beta program? If this still isn't working, you'll be able to submit a crash report through the beta app so our developers can investigate this for you further.
I have the same problem with s3 android 4.3
annd yes, it happens because the my country blocked the soundcloud, i have to use vpn or something for the app