Question

IOS seeking time in track, bug. (Re installed, did nothing)

Hello! So I've been encountering a weird bug for a while now. On ever single track when I start the song (On IOS, LG V40) the music time (orange bar thing) will always be at the end of the song. However it will show the correct time of the song and it will play fine, but the only way to seek to a different part in the song is to drag to the right, technically backwards, away from the end of the song and to what you can only guess is the spot you're looking for. I know it's supposed to slowly cruise along the orange bar as the song progresses but I'm just stuck at the end visually.

Here is what I mean when it is stuck at the end. It will be like this for the entirety of the song but say the correct time at the end (this being 5 seconds into the song).

This is after dragging backwards to technically reverse the song from the end point I am stuck at.

But yeah. The songs play fine for the most part, but the whole interface here is very bizarre all of the sudden.

Has anyone else had this happen? Hope there is a fix, perhaps I did something silly, haha.

6 replies

Same
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry to hear this is happening. If this is still an issue, please try deleting the app, then restart your device, the download the app again. The restart will hopefully sort out any issues that were previously stored in your phone's cache. Please note that if you have a SoundCloud Go/ SoundCloud Go+ subscription, you will need to re-download your content for offline listening.
can confirm this issue for android as well, reinstalling is not solving it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
cyanit wrote:

@Carrie Hall are we aware of this issue on Android?

@cyanit Please consider joining our Android Beta program.
Mathis wrote:

cyanit wrote:

Okay, im in and happy to help you finding these bugs. Really hope you finally get stuff like that fixed. The mobile app looks nice, but its functions are garbage. (No download of Individual tracks/artists, no decent offline organization, region locks, weired UI bugs everywhere).
Userlevel 2
Mathis wrote:

cyanit wrote:

@cyanit Unfortunately yes, we have been aware recently of some bugs on Android with the waveform displaying at the wrong time but some of them have been fixed. It would really help us if you could update to the most recent beta and send a bug report when it happens so that we can take a look at the device logs.