Answered

Kindle Fire HD8 cannot sign in.

• 31 January 2018
  • 5 replies

My Lenovo Tab8 signs in using Google, no problem. The Fire HD does not offer that option. When I try to sign in the Fire HD using my email address, I get a "Error We couldn't sign you in. Sure you have the right e-mail and password?" . Yes I do. I obviously can login to the forum using my Google account.
I tried signing out of my Lenovo Tab 8 and signing in on the Fire HD, no-go.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling - no go.
What must I do to get the Fire HD signed in?
I do not have a Facebook account.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 7 February 2018, 10:27

Hi there,

Unfortunately, this is currently an issue that some users who use SoundCloud on a kindle are reporting, however our support & resources for kindle are quite limited at this point, so I cannot say when this is something that can be addressed from our end 😕

In this topic, our user Smithegurl is describing a workaround. Maybe something to look into?

Cheers
Mathis
View original

5 replies

I'm having the exact same problem so i'm guessing its a bug in the app.
The work around is to open a Facebook account. Enable all you privacy settings if you wish.
I might add that it an older version of sound cloud, but it works.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Unfortunately, this is currently an issue that some users who use SoundCloud on a kindle are reporting, however our support & resources for kindle are quite limited at this point, so I cannot say when this is something that can be addressed from our end 😕

In this topic, our user Smithegurl is describing a workaround. Maybe something to look into?

Cheers
Mathis
The Smithegurl works. Thanks you for that reference.
The Kindle is a one off Android and would not recommend buying that when you can get a Lenovo Tab3 8 ( perhaps others at close to the same price) and still use all the Kindle books and things. Staying pure Android avoids a lot of crap like this.