Question

Music stops playing after screen is locked.

• 27 March 2018
  • 5 replies

Hello there!

I have issue with souncdoud app. My phone is Huawei P9 (non lite) and often when I lock screen after few seconds music stops playing, app is killed. Firstly I wrote to huawei support but they are claiming that this is probably apps fault because I did all the things on phone like turning off power saving, exluded app from optimisation list and etc. And original Music app is never killed. So Huawei insisted that I should write to Soundcloud support. So maybe you heard that annoying problem and have a solution?

5 replies

I have the same problem on a honor 8 phone. Tried everything, clearing cache, checking settings of phone doesnt close down background task of SoundCloud. Uninstalled numerous occasions. Nothing works.:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried deleting the app, restarting your device, then reinstalling for a fresh start on the app cache? I have experienced this even with devices where the cache had been manually cleared.

Let the community know how it went.
Hi Mathis,

No tried all that a couple of times without success.
Any other ideas?

Thanks
I have this issue too but I have a ZTE Max Blue, I'm trying to get in touch with SoundCloud but they are making it rather difficult to email their customer service email
this worked for me:

After some investigation I have found the resolution, if anyone needed it in the future.
The issue is happening to me for all music apps and it is cutting out because Google Chrome is closing with the screen lock. I'm not sure how the two are related, but after changing the Chrome app settings I'm no longer having the issue.
Here is what I did on my Huawei, but I'm sure it will be similar across Android devices.

Settings > Apps > Chrome > Battery > Slide "Close after screen locked" off