Question

Music stops playing when screen is off.

• 6 October 2017
  • 8 replies

Whenever i close my screen or it closes itself whatever track is playing suddently stops and when i open the screen again it doesn't show the song window at all and i have to start playing the song again.

8 replies

Hi,
Was this issue resolved? I have been encountering this issue now for a couple of months. A fresh download and reboot don't resolve it. I have also made sure that the app runs in the background.
The app cuts out when the phone goes to sleep, which is 5 seconds after the screen goes off. This happens both when I manually lock the phone or it locks itself.

I have a Huawei P9 Lite running Android 7.0.

Thanks.
After some investigation I have found the resolution, if anyone needed it in the future.
The issue is happening to me for all music apps and it is cutting out because Google Chrome is closing with the screen lock. I'm not sure how the two are related, but after changing the Chrome app settings I'm no longer having the issue.
Here is what I did on my Huawei, but I'm sure it will be similar across Android devices.

Settings > Apps > Chrome > Battery > Slide "Close after screen locked" off
Do u know how to do this on a doogee y8 phone
THANK YOU so much!!

that did the job!! 🙂
Hi,
Was this issue resolved? I have been encountering this issue now for a couple of months. A fresh download and reboot don't resolve it. I have also made sure that the app runs in the background.
The app cuts out when the phone goes to sleep, which is 5 seconds after the screen goes off. This happens both when I manually lock the phone or it locks itself.

Thanks.

After some investigation I have found the resolution, if anyone needed it in the future.
The issue is happening to me for all music apps and it is cutting out because Google Chrome is closing with the screen lock. I'm not sure how the two are related, but after changing the Chrome app settings I'm no longer having the issue.
Here is what I did on my Huawei, but I'm sure it will be similar across Android devices.

Settings > Apps > Chrome > Battery > Slide "Close after screen locked" off
Hi,

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry to hear this is happening. Can you try deleting the app, restart your phone, (make sure you have your SIM pin ready if the sim has one), then download again for a fresh start? Please note that if you have a SoundCloud Go/ SoundCloud Go+ subscription, you will need to re-download your content for offline listening.

Let the community know how it went.

Cheers
Mathis
Super annoying. Will switch to Google music, due to the fact that the app is super buggy. It's not understandable, sorry.

Everytime the screen goes off the music stops which is pretty stupid for a music streaming app ;)

Honor8, honor 9 tested. Nothing works. No force closes activated, all rights granted. Other streaming apps working fine.

This is really an issue guys I was playing in my mind to by a Go subscription. Useless tho. Not only I experience this major incident but almost all of my friends.

The only thing that sometimes and randomly works is to start a song, exit the app, and switch off display and switch on again. CRA,y & stupid sorry. Shameful for such a more or less successful entity or one which dreams to be. Start with the basics 😉
Im having this same "issue" happen too. Im on a Note 8. Im a new soundcloud user so i just thouggt that it "closes" when the screen is off, like yoytube does.

I LOVE soundcloud, its my new favorite "music player." If the screen is not suppose to go off when you navigate away from the app, I'd sure like to know. Ty:]