Answered

Name change

• 16 September 2018
  • 3 replies

How do I change my name on mobile (Android)
icon

Best answer by Navid 19 September 2018, 12:01

uninstall soundcloud app then google soundcloud log in then click 3dots on the google page & press desktop site & sign in click profile edit picture & name whatever you want

Nice workaround 🙂 Thanks for the contribution! This does work - however, if you have access to a browser you can change your name by simply clicking your display name at the top right and selecting 'Profile' and from the next screen click 'Edit' on the right hand side. On this page you are also able to change your permalink which is the unique identifier to your account. Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Navid
View original

3 replies

uninstall soundcloud app then google soundcloud log in then click 3dots on the google page & press desktop site & sign in click profile edit picture & name whatever you want
Talking about changing the name of the device.
For bluetooth identification purposes, I'd like to change the name of my phone from the default "SAMSUNG-SM-N3..." to something more personal - like "Jane's Note 7". We have a few Samsung phones connected to our car, speakers, etc. via bluetooth and it would be much easier to choose the correct device if the names were more specific. I found an option to change the name in settings, but I want to make sure it's ok to do this first. Has anyone done this?
Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Nice workaround 🙂 Thanks for the contribution! This does work - however, if you have access to a browser you can change your name by simply clicking your display name at the top right and selecting 'Profile' and from the next screen click 'Edit' on the right hand side. On this page you are also able to change your permalink which is the unique identifier to your account. Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Navid