Question

No bass on the LG G5 Android device

• 4 July 2017
  • 8 replies

I have a LG G5 and ive noticed my bass dosnt come through on my 12s or any after market speakers thought my phone was broke untill i did reseaech and noticed multiple people dont have bass on thier LG plus other phones . any way to get this fixed ? I need my bass soundcloud always been my favorite and I recommend it to everyone but now that I'm having problems that I've never experienced before I don't even want to use this app anymore we just want bass SoundCloud we love you get it fixed

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Unfortunately this is a known issue with the LG G5. Our app usually bypasses the internal equalizer when you play music via the Soundcloud App, which is to ensure you can have the best possible listening experience. However, the LG G5 is built in a way in which we can’t do that and therefore the sound quality can be compromised on this specific model.

I understand this is annoying and apologies for not being able to help more with this specific issue. Our engineers are aware of this being an issue and will continue to look for ways to improve this.

Cheers
Mathis
So how come my phone prior to the most recent update didnt have this issue then? Your answer seems to imply its always been an issue which is not the case. Not to mention if what you say is true then everything I play should be affected and its only the soundcloud application. You dont offer any real options or trouble shooting for your customers when you blame the phone... That is a level of pathetic that is why soundcloud is going out of bussiness. I am very dissapointed at your companies ability to handle a simple issue.
So how come my phone prior to the most recent update didnt have this issue then? Your answer seems to imply its always been an issue which is not the case. Not to mention if what you say is true then everything I play should be affected and its only the soundcloud application. You dont offer any real options or trouble shooting for your customers when you blame the phone... That is a level of pathetic that is why soundcloud is going out of bussiness. I am very dissapointed at your companies ability to handle a simple issue.

The reason it doesn't have any trouble with other apps is just that, it's a different piece of software than SoundCloud. It's just a weird coincidence that the coding for SoundCloud and the lg g5 don't agree, and they're not blaming the phone because it's a problem that they're trying to ignore, that's just the problem. They said they're aware of the problem and they're working on it, and if they haven't found any "trouble shooting" methods that work they wouldn't give you any. Throw your hissy fit somewhere else.
Hi there,
I too have this issue on my LG G5. But I've found that it doesn't always hold true for 'all' SoundCloud applications. For instance: If you go dl the "SMF 2017" app, and listen to streams via the SoundCloud plug in, they all sound flawless. Great Quality. Those same streams sound highly down sampled via the app or website. So, how come a SoundCloud sourced plug in can provide high quality streams? Something about that plug in method works properly. Something for them to look into perhaps.
This first started happening after downloading the VS98728B performance and security update for the G5 in May
This first started happening after downloading the VS98728B performance and security update for the G5 in May
This is also the case with me, and I think with all other G5 users. It sucks a lot. I love SoundCloud and it's my main source of music. I hope and pray every day that the mobile app devs will find a way around this problem, or hopefully we will get a software update that fixes this. I've been waiting for so long for the fix to be found, and don't have the money to buy a new phone. Wishing luck to the devs on finding a way to fix this.
Im having the same no bass through the aux issue with my g5. I almost bought a bluetooth transmitter/receiver to bypass the aux issue but then thought I am already paying monthly for Soundcloud. Please fix the g5 bass issue soundcloud or I will cancel.
Again great. An issue that's at least 8 months old and to this day I can't hear bass on SoundCloud. This is ridiculous.