Question

NOTIFICATIONS NOT WORKING

I receive no notifications whatsoever for any posts by anyone I follow. I have the settings turned on for email and push. I have turned them off and back on again. I have it enabled in my phone. They are not in my spam. The notifications DO. NOT. WORK. All I get in my "notifications" page are new follower notifications, even though I have that setting turned off. I just want to be updated and notified when someone I follow posts something new. That is the whole point of this service and it does not work. This wouldn't be a huge issue if I could filter my feed to show me only posts instead of a sea of reposts I don't care about, but that isn't an option either. Why are notifications not working? Why has this been an issue brought up by countless people and still not working? Why is a company as big as SoundCloud having issues with something as simple as notifications?

7 replies

i've been having the same issue for the past few days.
in both the notification bar and the main notification site it just says, "Sorry, something went wrong."
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Apologies about this - our engineers let me know that there was a temporary issue that was now fixed.

Can you try again and see if it is working again? Let the community know how it went. 🙂
Hi i have a similar issue, the notifications aren't working and when i click on the little bell shape icon on my profile it says : sorry something went wrong.

Can you help please?
I as well have been having the notification error saying: Sorry, Something went wrong. It's showing that I have no new notifications however I'm getting emails about reposts. I've tried logging out and back in, but it still seems to have the error.

Please help!
This issue still exists!

Hi there,

Apologies about this - our engineers let me know that there was a temporary issue that was now fixed.

Can you try again and see if it is working again? Let the community know how it went. :)
On the Pulse app, I get all my notifications, but this happens.