Question

Open stream when clicking soundcloud android widget

• 2 September 2015
  • 6 replies

Since the last update ( i don't know when) you changed the behaviour of your android widget. To open soundcloud using the widget, i have to click a very small area (the name of the track) on the widget. The area is so small that I need several approaches to hit the right spot and this only leads to the artists profile. I'd like to open my stream instead of artists profile when clicking the widget and I'd like to have a larger area to click on.

HTC One (M8, 2015), CyanogeMod11

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there MisterSCOTCH,

Any chance you could provide a screenshot of a embedded player (i.e. widget) and the URL to that? I'd like to get a clearer image of what the issue seems to be.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers,
Mathis
Hey Mathis,

i will attach a screenshot here. The area in the widget I have to press in order to open soundcloud is marked in blue - it's very small (issue 1).
When pressed, i am lead to the artists profil. In an earlier release of your app, the widget lead to my stream - the better option in my opinion (issue 2).
Play/ Pause, Previous, Next and "Like" are working fine. When i click on the image (left side of the widget) nothing happens (i guess that's meant to be).

cheers
scotchi

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi scotchi,

I've looked into this for you.

a) Jup, clicking the artwork won't do anything.
b) When you tap the username, you'll be forwarded to the user profile.
c) When you tap on the trackname, you'll be forwarded to the track. Here, you'll see a downward facing arrow in the top left corner. tapping on it will show you the Stream. Thus, it is only one more tap away. :-)

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers
Mathis
Hey Mathis - this makes sense, thanks. Haven't thought about that. Anyway, in my opinion the space where you have to tap is way too small. Maybe your dev-team can consider this in future updates or provide, as suggested, larger widgets (4x2, 4x3 or even 4x4)

cheers
scotchi
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey Mathis - this makes sense, thanks. Haven't thought about that. Anyway, in my opinion the space where you have to tap is way too small. Maybe your dev-team can consider this in future updates or provide, as suggested, larger widgets (4x2, 4x3 or even 4x4)

cheers
scotchi

Hey hey Scotchi,

Thanks for the follow up. I'll make sure to forward this to our mobile product team.
Hi there MisterSCOTCH,

Any chance you could provide a screenshot of a embedded player (i.e. widget) and the URL to that? I'd like to get a clearer image of what the issue seems to be.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers,
Mathis

Can you please help me with a question? I posted it to the Question section not too long ago. Thanks!