Question

Problem opening links set to private on an android phone

• 5 February 2016
  • 14 replies

I sent a link to my friend. The track was set to private. He was unable to open the link. Sound cloud would start, but then come up with an invalid url error. I then set the track to public and he was able to open the link that I had sent him previously, without a problem. So it's got something to do with the privacy flag. The same link was sent to an iphone, and this opened OK

14 replies

usually when you basically Just have uploaded a song, it usually takes some time for it to "Initialize"

hope this helps
usually when you basically Just have uploaded a song, it usually takes some time for it to "Initialize"

hope this helps

Still wouldn't play a week later, so don't think that's the problem. It also played OK on an iphone and the PC
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

hope this helps

@Alan, can you send over the title of the track so we can investigate this from over here? No need for the secret link, we'll be able to investigate without that.

hope this helps

This is the link. I've set all of my links to Public now, but none of them worked on Android when set to Private. https://soundcloud.com/alan-lowery/02-town-called-malice
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

hope this helps

Hi Alan,

Hmm, well this is giving us little chance to investigate the issue further - can you set this one track back to private and give us a heads up? This way we can investigate further.

Cheers
Mathis

hope this helps

I've uploaded a new track, and checked that my friend can't open it on his android phone. I can on my iPhone. https://soundcloud.com/alan-lowery/au...
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

hope this helps

Hi again Alan,

Hmm, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue from here. Did you make sure you sent your friend the secret link rather then the public link?

hope this helps

I too have the same issue. My phone ca not play private links and the message there was a problem with th URL comes out how can this be remedied?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

hope this helps

Hi there,

We've by now isolated this issue to appear with private tracks actually - this is due to a bug on our end. Our engineers have been informed about this. Thanks for your patience!

hope this helps

Mathis, nice to hear you're dealing with that,
I have the same issue on Android 6.0.1 (and the one before):
got an email with a private link, I "click" on it, soundcloud android app tries to open it without success (error msg saying pb occured while loading the url).
bon courage 🙂

hope this helps

Hi. Is there any progress on this issue. I've encountered it as well and found this thread on the topic.
Hello,

I have the same problem when I am trying to share a private play list with friends.
Has there been a solution to this problem found?

We're having the same problem. Private link previews on our store can't be listen to on Android Devices. Also - on desktop you cant scroll through the track, only listen to the whole thing.