Question

Resume song after hangup?

Userlevel 1
Just moved over to the Google Pixel after years of Apple products. Have a question regarding soundcloud restarting after hanging up a phone call.

On my iPhone, the call would pause a song. After hanging up, it would restart.

On my Android, the call is paused during the song. After hanging up, I have to open the phone and hit play again. Is there a setting somewhere to have the song automatically start playing after the call is over?

Thanks.

11 replies

I'm facing the same issue on my android phone with android 7.1.1 with april 2018 security patch. It maybe android's kernel issue or soundcloud app bug.

Please fix this asap. It's very annoying.
is there any fix to this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

I've checked in with our Android product team. This is currently expected behavior, but I've forwarded your feedback accordingly.
I have same problem after updating to android 7.1.1. Music has stopped after pausing. I can't pause it normally. Please, fix it asap
Apparently after 7 month, the issue is still there (Note9 user). Superannoying
Thumbs up for the fix! Really annoying
Hi guys has this been fixed?? Just switched to android and this is super annoying and disappointing.

Thx
Mathis wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've checked in with our Android product team. This is currently expected behavior, but I've forwarded your feedback accordingly.

8 months and this still hasn't been fixed. This shouldn't be even programmed differently on ios vs android.
Would also like this fixed - this shouldn't be the default behavior or there should at least be the option in settings.
I end up using Spotify instead from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM since I'm on the phone half of my work day and don't want to spend the other half resuming the sets I want to listen to... I even got the premium on Spotify and left SoundCloud Go because of this issue and have several friends and colleagues in the same case...
Maybe this will make them listen a little and finally get this simple shit fixed
This has still not been fixed