Question

Resume song after hangup?

Userlevel 2
Just moved over to the Google Pixel after years of Apple products. Have a question regarding soundcloud restarting after hanging up a phone call.

On my iPhone, the call would pause a song. After hanging up, it would restart.

On my Android, the call is paused during the song. After hanging up, I have to open the phone and hit play again. Is there a setting somewhere to have the song automatically start playing after the call is over?

Thanks.

26 replies

Also bettee stability of the pause would be welcome: play stopped by another application such as call or youtube, wait for 15/30min, sometimes it does not resume and have to start from scratch...
Please, please, please fix this illogical behavior
Every day I have to play the song again several times per hour. 😭

Or add the application settings on / off resume playing.👌🏼
Hi everyone,

I've checked in with our Android product team. This is currently expected behavior, but I've forwarded your feedback accordingly.

Hello Mathis
Can we have a feedback from the Android product team and kind of plan for this issue to be fixed?
It's been pending for months, I subscribed as premium and see alternative solutions doing the job. I appreciate the application but would reconsider using it/switching to another app/platform if there is no progress on this basic aspect.
Thank you in advance for your support.
A.
Please fix this!
Is it going to be fix?
No way 😭 still not resolved.
I end up using Spotify instead from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM since I'm on the phone half of my work day and don't want to spend the other half resuming the sets I want to listen to... I even got the premium on Spotify and left SoundCloud Go because of this issue and have several friends and colleagues in the same case...
Maybe this will make them listen a little and finally get this simple shit fixed

Do you advice us to try it too?
This issue still occurs, really disappointed.
I`m using the app but it causing such problems to resume after hangup... and in a long drive it`s a problem to stop each time to resume.
Cannot believe an issue of this magnitude still hasn't been fixed. Disappointed. Customer support first linked me to the Beta community on G+ but now has redirected me here where I see that you guys have been facing the issue since forever.

Highly unlikely the problem will be fixed anytime soon. Slowly moving my list to Google Play Music where this problem doesn't exist. Once the same happens, will go away from this app permanently for good.

Regards,
User since god-knows-when.
Userlevel 2
Badge
@Saraneth awe...
Have some hope fellow human.
They do take a while to respond but, I'm sure the issue will be fixed eventually.
I think with so many people using the app worldwide, they may have more urgent bugs than we can see. (That need time to be fixed)
Of course that's no excuse for a lack of professionalism in not responding to their users in a precise manner. Especially those paying, they should get what they deserve.
Still, we're all imperfect and deal with flaws in almost everything. I'd say either try to endure with it or maybe find another music app while you wait for the problem to be fixed.
I honestly thought it was because my new galaxy phone and pretty much stop using soundcloud as the stopping and having to resume play is annoying and difficult when driving. If it isnt fixed soon I will cancel my subscription. Sure there are other user friendly paying applications.
I don't believe that this hasn't been fixed after all this time.

I just emailed them and linked this forum, hopefully our voices will be heard.. but i'm not confident they'll even check my mail!
After reading these forums for a while I get the idea they don't really care about fixing issues with the app any more.
The issue is even worse when using SoundCloud with car's Bluetooth...
Same issue with Huawei's Android 8.0.

It's annoying not to be able to make the Soundcloud app default app for playing music/streams.
Same issue with Android 8.0.0 on Samsung galaxy s7.

Unbelievable that this is not getting fix asap.
This has still not been fixed
I end up using Spotify instead from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM since I'm on the phone half of my work day and don't want to spend the other half resuming the sets I want to listen to... I even got the premium on Spotify and left SoundCloud Go because of this issue and have several friends and colleagues in the same case...
Maybe this will make them listen a little and finally get this simple shit fixed
Would also like this fixed - this shouldn't be the default behavior or there should at least be the option in settings.
Hi everyone,

I've checked in with our Android product team. This is currently expected behavior, but I've forwarded your feedback accordingly.

8 months and this still hasn't been fixed. This shouldn't be even programmed differently on ios vs android.
Hi guys has this been fixed?? Just switched to android and this is super annoying and disappointing.

Thx
Thumbs up for the fix! Really annoying
Apparently after 7 month, the issue is still there (Note9 user). Superannoying
I have same problem after updating to android 7.1.1. Music has stopped after pausing. I can't pause it normally. Please, fix it asap
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

is there any fix to this?