Question

Set app as default when I press play on headphones on android?

• 23 October 2015
  • 3 replies

I got new and shiny LG G3 with Android 5.0 bundled together with headphones. When Soundcloud is playing, I can use control on these headphones to mute & play again. However when I pause and stop listening for some time, the Soundcloud app stops (or is stopped?) and pressing Play again launches this default sound player instead. Is it somehow possible to change what should be started when I press this button?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey Daniel,

Congrats on the shiny new phone. As far as i'm aware these sort of settings need to be set on the device not on our app. Usually when you first take an action a window will pop up that asks how or where you want to carry out the action. Did you remember choosing a default already?

-Gina
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey Daniel,

Congrats on the shiny new phone. As far as i'm aware these sort of settings need to be set on the device not on our app. Usually when you first take an action a window will pop up that asks how or where you want to carry out the action. Did you remember choosing a default already?

-Gina

Found some extra info that might help here:

http://www.droidforums.net/threads/default-music-player-starts-when-headphones-inserted.162121/
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-canada-bell-telus-rogers/262576-stop-default-sams...

-G
Hey Daniel,

-Gina

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately these two links are not really related. I even tried to reset default app for the music and then press the button on headphones, but it never gave me a choice of a player and started this Music Gallery. I guess this is just built-in without chance to change it. Oh well.