SoundCloud app for Android - Sign in issues on Sony Mobile devices

After Last up date Android nougat on my Sony Xperia xz is impossible to sign-up on soundcloud app...

54 replies

I can't login into soundcloud with my google+ account anymore. Every time when I try to, it says that I have to sign up and whenever I try to sign up, it gives me "Something unexpected happen. Try again." But on google, soundcloud is still one of those apps that are in my account. It was there since February and I had no problems then.
The account I'm using right now is an account that I use to access the forums
Since a week or so I am not able to login to Soundcloud on the Android app. Not through my normal account nor through a newly created account.

Everytime I enter the correct password I get this error message (Picture 1)

When i try to enter a completely wrong password, I get the standard wrong password error message. (Picture 2)

I already tried deinstalling, reinstallling both on my Internal Drive and my SD. Try rebooting my phone many times, too. Nothing seems to work out.

Does anybody know a solution to this problem?
After an update on the android system, about one and a half months ago, I have not been able to log in. I'm using an Sony Xperia X Performance, Android 7.1.1.

At first I got the following error: Error - Unknown

Then after the latest update, the error switched to: Error - We couldn't sign you in. Please try again.

I've tried logging in using my Google account, my Facebook account and my standalone SoundCloud account, none of them work. I have also deleted the app-cache on my phone and I tried deleting the app and re-installing, all to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! It really sucks to travel and not have my dear Soundcloud :(
Btw; Logging in on computer works as normal.
I have recently have gotten a subscription to soundcloud go and now I can't login into my account. It keep on telling me to try again later and I have, but its been doing that for two days now. I try getting on account on the computer but there been a loading error to my home page. I really appreciate it if someone help me out with this. 😞
Quite same problems here....But I can log on through my facebook account, but if I try to log on through google plus or my email it gives me that unknown error message. Could someone please solve this problem.

Thank you.
I cant sign into my app on my Sony xz
I have the exact same problem. I cannot sign in to the SoundCloud app on my Android phone (Sony XZ).

I can log in from my computer, and have setup both Facebook and Google+ connection, in addition to a password. Neither of the three logins work on my phone.

I have also tried to delete all data and uninstalled the app, re-installing again before logging in, but it makes no difference.
Hi folks! I have problems signing in on my phone (android).. either if i try to sign in through the "sign in via facebook" or writing in my account details, it just says that i cannot be signed in and i should try again. I have tried to uninstall and install the app again, changed passwords, nothing is working.. when im on the souncloud site on my laptop it works fine.. any suggestions?
Hi,

I can't log into the app on android. I'm using a Sony Xperia X and Android 7.1.1. I was able to use the app no problem until about an hour ago when I now can't log in anymore.

I've tried the following and none have worked:

-resetting password
-logging in with a different account, streaming tracks, signing out, clearing data and cache
-uninstalling and reinstalling app.
-restarting phone numerous times.

Can you please provide a solution for this. I'm able to access my account on my computer but as I use the mobile app primarily this is no good to me.

I'm a soundcloud go+ user and paying for an app that I cannot use is highly frustrating.

Thanks
I have the exact same issue as you guys, buy from my Sony Xperia X Performance.
Did the exact same problem solving but with no luck.
It's been like this for well over a month and is really annoying.

So please provide a solution, thanks 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there everyone,

Sorry to hear this is happening to you. If this issue persists, can you please make sure to restart your phone after deleting the app, and before re-downloading it from the Google Play Store to see if this helps? We've forwarded this being an issue to our engineers for further investigation.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi Mathis,

Thanks for a fast response.
Unfortunately Uninstalling, restarting, installing does not do the trick :|
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi selmer,

Thanks for the update selmer. Sorry to hear this didn't do the trick. I've talked to our engineers and it sounds like there's currently an issue with Sony mobile devices, in combination with a current update of the OS in particular. They've reached out to Sony for this to be investigated further in a joint effort.

What seems to help as a workaround is a factory reset & not using an SD Card, both of which are heavily impacting your user experience I'm afraid 😕

We'll be sure to keep you posted on here when we hear back from the engineering team.

If you happen to find out more in the meantime, please feel free to share with the community.

Thanks for hanging in there.

Cheers
Mathis

P.S.: It is very well possible that signing in to a different account will work actually. It's considered in the investigation.
Ok thanks again for the update - looking forward to a solution 🙂
I have changed my password 8 times and still cannot sign into the app, this is only happening after I recently updated my phone and it had to restart. Have no clue what it could be. Please help
Same problem yet still no solution what am I paying £10 a month for..?
Hello probably an age old query but I can no longer log into SC app on my phone. Sony xperia z5 compact. Android. I changed password, deleted app n reinstalled it. Still same error message.
SC were no help, I got a reply referring to their common q and a. Which my query is not on. I don't/can't log in using Facebook or google+ just my email address. Any ideas. Thanks.
any word?
Hi, i have the same problem but im using Xperia Z Ultra, and right now im looking for the solving answer. So idk if i can help or not
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there everyone,

Our engineers have let us know the sign in issues on Sony devices should be fixed in the current beta version, available on the beta test groups here:
https://plus.google.com/communities/100538417567948193266

The next public stable release will contain this fix as well, but if you want to sort this out now and not have to wait any longer, please sign up for the Android beta.

Thank you for hanging in there & all the best
Mathis
I joined, but still requesting

(xperia z ultra)
After an update on the android system, about one and a half months ago, I have not been able to log in. I'm using an Sony Xperia X Performance, Android 7.1.1.

Then after the latest update, the error switched to: Error - We couldn't sign you in. Please try again.

I've tried logging in using my Google account, my Facebook account and my standalone SoundCloud account, none of them work. I have also deleted the app-cache on my phone and I tried deleting the app and re-installing, all to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! It really sucks to travel and not have my dear Soundcloud :(
Same with me

Same with me

Same here, when is a solution coming?
Hi,

the Login with my Google Account doesn’t work anymore. I´ve tried it many times. I’ve reinstalled the Soundcloud App and disconnect my Google Account on my Smartphone (Sony Xperia Z5 compact). Still doesn’t work!!!

The Login with my Google Account works on my PC with Google Chrome Browser. I need some help please!
Every time I try to login from my phone ( xperia z5 premium ) it gives me this error and ( removed the app and installed again and nothing works, tried earlier version and same error ) can anyone help me please