Question

Weird Glitch on Ads

• 2 June 2019
  • 5 replies

A week or two back, I stopped using sound cloud because of a weird glitch that only happened every time an AD played. At first the ads were just slowed down, and the visuals were glitchy. No harm done there. But now, every time an ad plays, not only does it glitch out, but it let's out an ear piercing static noise that I can hear through my ear buds, even when my volume is on the lowest setting. I'm sure you can see the problem there, considering I listen to my music much louder. It's gotten to the point I won't touch sound cloud because it might pull that stunt again. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this, and is it a problem on my end or their end? Please let me know, thanks.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi @bbendystrawss, sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with ads.

Can you please tell us the following:
  1. Your device make/model
  2. Android version
  3. Your country (just so we can pinpoint which ads you are seeing)
  4. Is it only video ads, or audio ads too?
@Carrie Hall Sorry, I didn't mean to resolve the problem. I accidentally clicked. Anyway, I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, the android version is 7.0. I live in the USA, and so far I have only noticed the problems with video ads. The other night I tried again and did get an audio ad, but there was no issues. I haven't gotten another video ad since, so I can't test whether the issue has been solved.
@Carrie Hall Sorry, I didn't mean to resolve the problem. I accidentally clicked. Anyway, I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, the android version is 7.0. I live in the USA, and so far I have only noticed the problems with video ads. The other night I tried again and did get an audio ad, but there was no issues. I haven't gotten another video ad since, so I can't test whether the issue has been solved.
OMG, I have the exact same problem and the exact same phone and Android version. I want answers too.
Literal exact same thing happened to me too, and I have sudden-loud-sound sensitive panic attacks so my first response was to scream and throw my headphones and phone across the room. I'm a longtime soundcloud user and this is the first time this has happened to me, sent me into a crying fit because this shit scared me so much as a kid.
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy J7 Android 7.0, I'm in the USA as well, the ad took a while to finish and it looked like it repeated twice. I can't remember if when the noise was happening if the video stopped or continued due to reflexively throwing my phone away. The video eventually continued(?) and my phone screen went to sleep eventually as well. The sound did not continue when the headphones/audio jack disconnected from my phone when I threw it. No confirmation on audio ads since I rarely get them.

[Optional skippable emotionally charged opinions/complaints below]
This is why ads are such a plague. I get that they're an income source but it's garbage like this and loud ads on youtube that make me want to die when they come on. I wish ads would be at the least QUIETER. Most people don't even buy or are interested in the products that ads serve anymore. They're just background filler and marketing money waste. Am I right or am I wrong?
Literal exact same thing happened to me too, and I have sudden-loud-sound sensitive panic attacks so my first response was to scream and throw my headphones and phone across the room. I'm a longtime soundcloud user and this is the first time this has happened to me, sent me into a crying fit because this shit scared me so much as a kid.
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy J7 Android 7.0, I'm in the USA as well, the ad took a while to finish and it looked like it repeated twice. I can't remember if when the noise was happening if the video stopped or continued due to reflexively throwing my phone away. The video eventually continued(?) and my phone screen went to sleep eventually as well. The sound did not continue when the headphones/audio jack disconnected from my phone when I threw it. No confirmation on audio ads since I rarely get them.

[Optional skippable emotionally charged opinions/complaints below]
This is why ads are such a plague. I get that they're an income source but it's garbage like this and loud ads on youtube that make me want to die when they come on. I wish ads would be at the least QUIETER. Most people don't even buy or are interested in the products that ads serve anymore. They're just background filler and marketing money waste. Am I right or am I wrong?

I'm sorry that happened to you, I understand how stressful that can be. Especially when you're relaxing and your ear drums are blown out. If you haven't already, I'd make another post stating how you're having the same issue so it can be brought to their attention that it's not a one user issue, it's an issue happening to a lot of people. Asking just to make sure I understand, your video ads as letting out very loud white noise through the ear buds only on video ads so far, right? (Another issue I noticed is when it happens, the video glitches severely before continuing.)