Question

Copyright Protection

• 3 October 2019
  • 4 replies

I'm a Underground Producer and I'd like to know that will upgrading my normal SC account to a Pro Unlimited Account to monetized my tracks give me ISRC or other kind of Protection to my existing songs on my Profile ? My songs have been stolen many times by Absurdly named DJs and others namely,and I'm really frustrated !.So I wanted to know if SC will give Copyright Protection for all my songs uploaded to my profile.Thanks in Advance.

4 replies

Do you still have the originals?

If so, then nothing was stolen. Those DJs may, or may not, have breached Copyright, but if you still have the originals, they Stole Nothing.

If they are playing your stuff on their channels you are getting free advertising for your work.

You’re Welcome.

Userlevel 2

Do you still have the originals?

If so, then nothing was stolen. Those DJs may, or may not, have breached Copyright, but if you still have the originals, they Stole Nothing.

If they are playing your stuff on their channels you are getting free advertising for your work.

Wow. How wrong can one person be.

You really think that if I took a track you had written and recorded, uploaded it and pretended it was mine you would not have lost anything and you would be getting free advertising? Really?

You didn’t even answer the original question and you don’t seem to understand the basics of copyright. Do you know what an ISRC is?

Copyright is a Government Defined and temporary Monopoly on the copying of a work.

It does not guarantee the creator an income, it merely gives the creator, or usually the publisher of that work the right to say who may or may not copy that work.

The fiction around Copyright is that it encourages creatives to create. The Truth is creatives will create anyway, regardless of copyright.

In addition the extremely lengthy copyright regime we currently have, even if it did encourage creatives to creative is hardly going to cause a dead person to create anything.

ISRC is an International Standard Recording Code, it applies to a specific recording, any changes made to that recording will most likely change the recording sufficiently that the ISRC will no longer apply.

No amount of copying, of your work will stop you from continuing to sell your work. In fact even if you were to make your work Public Domain, you can still sell it, Copyright has no affect on that.

Anything else you believe Copyright to be is wrong.

‘’You really think that if I took a track you had written and recorded, uploaded it and pretended it was mine you would not have lost anything and you would be getting free advertising? Really?’’

You are welcome to do so, I would be exceptionally pleased to see my work used all over the place. In fact I encourage you to do so, if you find anything of mine that you believe is of sufficient quality..

I WILL have lost nothing, I still have the original, I canstill perform it anytime, and still make copies of my own, and sell them if I choose,  and I believe that if my work is THAT good  the world be the richer for it.