FL Studios/how to get a larger fanbase..?

• 19 September 2018
  • 5 replies

I have SoundCloud as well as Spotify.. I have FL studios I am just very unsure how to use it properly and I need a bit of help with it. A little instruction; guiding hand. I've been singing since I was 7 and I've been playing piano since I was 4-6. I've always had a deep connection through music because it helps A LOT with socially awkward people as well as social anxiety and just plain anxiety.. My question is if anyone would be willing to give me a chance?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Monique,

I've moved your topic into the Audio Production subforum. I won't be able to help with FL Studio myself, but maybe someone else on the Community can help if you have specific question.

I make music myself, and I just love "taking a class at YouTube University" when I need to learn something that I haven't done before in my Audio recording software 😉 There are so many super helpful and easy to understand tutorials out there nowadays, so why not give it a shot?

All the best
Mathis
Hello Mathis,

Thank you for the quick reply and suggestions you've given. My main objective is learning FL studios and becoming more confident in myself. I'd like to produce my music with a cleaner sound and rythmic listening everyone can get behind.

Hmm, maybe I'll check that out.
I started one year ago with FL Studio and I found a lot of Instruction Videos on YouTube. There are a lot of tricks. First I began to handle the Tracks and the Volume Controller. Afterwards Filtering and Effects. Now I am working on Reverb and Sound Design. This order worked quite well for me.
I think a lot of people think they can just make it big on soundcloud, you have to put more effort into going to gigs and meeting promoters (if you havnt done this already. Making a career out of music is like winning lotto tbh, post a link to your stuff, Would be happy to give you some feedback! 🙂
Another good thing if you're worried about software limiting your production is jumping right in the deep end and learning ableton, most of my friends that started with FL or Reason hit certain creative barriers after using the software for a few years and now they're using ableton and excelling.