Question

Music publishing

I got the feeling that you can upload your music but nobody is interested in that. I have a basic account. Is that the reason?

3 replies

Im one year on SoundCloud. Sometimes I have the same effect on my account. I think it's because there are thousands of artists. Somehow it's because nobody know you and you know anybody. Therefore I build up some relations with other artists. I listen to theyr music and so they listen on mine.
Two things: 1. Without already being "established", what steps are you taking to get people to take time to listen to you. In the nicest way 'why should someone listen to an unsigned artist.' 2. What is your "brand." Why does the world need your music in it. What is different or special about it.
Again, I'm not saying this in a mean way, I'm saying you should always be thinking about this if you want your music to "take off."
Soundcloud let's you easily share music with other people for free; it doesn't go out and promote it on the radio for you. YOU have to be your own manager when it comes to promoting your music my friend.
Userlevel 5
Badge
The first two posters haven't even helped themselves by not linking their profiles here.

Also, 19 times out of 20 when I do look at the profiles of people complaining they aren't getting enough views they are not following anyone and their only likes are of their own music. You have to work to get noticed.