Question

Recording and composing tips

• 23 March 2017
  • 1 reply

Hey guys, I want to start composing and recording own songs/covers etc. to make some progress as a musician. I thought you could help me. I know a thing or two about it and I own everything necessary for recording. Could you give me some tips on how to make and record good quality songs? I´m using Scarlett audio interface with 2 inputs, Reaper, Amplitube and I also own Shure sm mic. I´ve already made some things but I don´t know how to finish them to sound really good (mastering and things like that). Usually I just multitrack things (70/70 pan), finish the recording, but it doesn´t quite sound like I want it to. I appreciate all the help and sorry for my bad english

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there SweDoh,

It looks like no one from the Help Community has had the chance to get back to you yet. There are tons of mixing & mastering tutorial online these days, so I'd suggest you start there. There isn't just "the one way" to do, so it'll take time & practice to get to better results.

I, personally really enjoy the Tutorials that Waves offer. (They're usually using their own plugins, but you might be able to apply the same techniques to what you're using). Also, Dave Pensado has a great great show called "into the lair" on Youtube - super interesting stuff!

Hope this'll get you started. 🙂