Solved

Sound Quality on Soundcloud

Hello,

I'm a "pro user" so I pay Soundcloud. I begin my 4th year soon :$
But something disturbs me. The sound quality of soundcloud is not good...
The basses are increased, the sound loses of its quality... People who pay should have a better sound I think... Soundcloud is awesome but would be better with a good sound quality. That costs them nothing, or if it does, for those who paid I think we must have a better sound.

Do you agree ? :? :?
icon

Best answer by MiljoMusic 26 March 2018, 14:45

[quote=Alcablast]Hello,

The basses are increased, the sound loses of its quality... People who pay should have a better sound I think... Soundcloud is awesome but would be better with a good sound quality. That costs them nothing, or if it does, for those who paid I think we must have a better sound.

Do you agree ?

View original

6 replies

I don't pay for the pro but I have been noticing the quality dropping. Ever since this year started, the Soundcloud app seems to be getting worse. The quality on mobile is garbage (unless I use headphones) and after the last update, album covers no longer show on my lock screen. I hope they fix this issue soon :/

But paying users should have better sound quality? I think that's fair. I mean, you are paying after all XD
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there @Comet,

Both things you pointed out are current issues that are caused by bugs. (see the blue bar on the community landing page for updates on these). They are being investigated by our engineering teams and we're hoping to be able to provide an update soon.

Best
Mathis
If soundcloud goes for FLAC sound quality I might consider a paid subscription! 🙂
Userlevel 1
[quote=Alcablast]Hello,

Do you agree ?
yes it suckssss im considering stop paying until it support flac or wav files
Userlevel 5
Honestly,
The streaming quality is terrible.. it's worse than Sirius xm now. I do not need a link to izotope. Boosting treble and leaving headroom in a mix doesn't regenerate the INSANE amounts of data being lost while being processed through your BARGAIN OUTLET quality 64 bit opus. PLEASE REVERT BACK TO SOMETHING ACCEPTABLE. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE to pay for this.

Thanks
Louie