Question

Stereo sounds 'swallowed' when played on phone speaker

• 28 March 2018
  • 0 replies

Hi there,

I just uploaded a new track and wanted to listen to it over my phone speaker, but a few bits of stereo information get lost and sound like they're underwater or barely there. If I play the song on my computer or over headphones everything is working fine and all sounds are there. Strangely enough they are also all there when I play the 'normal' MP3 over my phone speaker (Samsung Music), but it doesn't play it right when I play it on Soundcloud.
I also asked friends to check if they have the same issue when playing the song, and they do. Maybe if that's weirdly explained you can try it yourself, probably you'll get to the same result. It's most significant at 0:36min.

https://soundcloud.com/edalofficial/place-to-hide-ft-lelen

To go just slightly more into detail, I used the Fruity Stereo Shaper from Fruity Loops to edit and customise the stereo channels, which over headphones and everything is a cool thing, but somehow Soundcloud doesn't seem able to cope with it. (At first I thought it was because the phone only has one speaker, but as I said, it plays normal on the phone speaker if not played on Soundcloud.)

Maybe and hopefully anyone has an idea what the reason for this could be and maybe also how to solve it (hoping that re-editing the entire song isn't the only option). Thanks a lot for your help! 🙂

0 replies

Be the first to reply!