Answered

comments shown while music is playing

• 18 July 2019
  • 7 replies

While I’m hearing music it shows what others commented on certain times during the song and I’m wondering how to take that off so I no longer see them while I hear my music
icon

Best answer by Mathis 24 July 2019, 14:17

Hi there,

Sorry this new feature is not as satisfactory for you as we'd hoped. disabling comments is currently not something you can do on the iOS app (though I believe the Android app does have this option in the app settings).

For context: Comments on mobile were one of our most often requested features from our users, by far, for quite a while actually. Not only can you see the comments on tracks, you can also write your own comments, straight from within your SoundCloud app.

I will provide feedback to our product team for consideration.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

7 replies

I’m having the same problem and it’s so annoying!!!!! This needs to be fixed or have an option to turn it off. It just started doing this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry this new feature is not as satisfactory for you as we'd hoped. disabling comments is currently not something you can do on the iOS app (though I believe the Android app does have this option in the app settings).

For context: Comments on mobile were one of our most often requested features from our users, by far, for quite a while actually. Not only can you see the comments on tracks, you can also write your own comments, straight from within your SoundCloud app.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi,

Why not?

There is no excuse to why you can’t turn off comments. Is there a plan to enable a feature to turn off comments?
I have go+. Are you saying I cannot disable this “feature?” It’s not only annoying, but also dangerous while driving. If this is not fixed before my next payment is due, I will cancel my subscription.
To add I have go+
I can’t understand why if android has the feature it cannot be implemented in to iOS.

Doubt we will see any reply.

@Mathis
SoundCloud - I have given you many of my dollars for years. All I am asking for is a way to turn the comments off of SoundCloud when I play songs on my iPhone. I used to love this experience, and now It is awful. I have no idea who the f thought this was a good idea but please at least give me an option to stop it. I’m doing my best to be loyal to this platform but this is going to make me jump ship.
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis

That could be one of the biggest loads of garbage I have ever heard. Respect, bro. You didn’t make this “feature” (problem). But sugar coating the situation like that took some finesse. Nicely done, but unless your mind is made of mush no one buys that because some people requested the ability to add comments then all people must be forced to see comments. It does not take a Mensa mind to see that commenting can be optional, but everyone should not be required to view it. It makes me question my unwavering loyalty to this endeavor. I’m not the only one.