Copyright

• 11 September 2017
  • 3 replies

Copyright Disclaimer, Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for 'fair use' for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

I'm sure this is a common thing. People come on here claiming it follows the posted copyright act. I have come to do the same.

All my music follows the fair use restrictions
It is for:
- Nonprofit
- Criticism
- Comment

All which fall under Fair Use.

I'm also going to say I hate the SoundCloud dispute method. The labels can deny the dispute without saying a word. This is unacceptable to me. They should have to respond with a reason it was denied.

I know you all are going to disagree with me but this is all my opinion.

3 replies

Adding on. I feel if we aren't making money and it's for enjoyment then why does it matter. You aren't losing money if it's a remix. Those people don't want to hear the original. Also it's free promotion of the song.
Adding on. I feel if we aren't making money and it's for enjoyment then why does it matter. You aren't losing money if it's a remix. Those people don't want to hear the original. Also it's free promotion of the song.

This. Soundcloud has officially sold out IMO. If you ever dispute and win, let me know. Until then I guess we have to turn to bandcamp or YouTube to post remixes?
Hey all,

Please note that the Copyright team don't moderate on the Community due to the public nature of the forums. However, if you want to file a specific copyright claim or get more information from them, please fill out this form here:

https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=532808

There's also some bits on the Help Center that might be useful for you:
https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003454227-SoundCloud-s-Copyright-policies

Cheers,
Nick