Question

KANGA IN SPACE, SCAM OR LEGIT?

• 4 December 2017
  • 87 replies

Hello, I just joined this company. They contacted me and offered me some events in exchange for a percentage of it. I accepted and they created a profile for my artistic name. I do not find many references about them. The issue is that now I do not know if I did good or not when signing with them. Is it a scam? or everything is fine? I have not signed any paper.

87 replies

It is not a scam. Most of these new companies no longer waste time signing contracts. It is an outsourced service. Only general terms and conditions. Did you sign something to make an account on facebook or soundcloud? they get performances in exchange for their commission.
Ok, I understand this. There are many scams on the internet and I wanted to be sure about this. Thanks for answering.

It is not a scam. Most of these new companies no longer waste time signing contracts. It is an outsourced service. Only general terms and conditions. Did you sign something to make an account on facebook or soundcloud? they get performances in exchange for their commission.
I have worked with companies in the same field. They all work in a similar way. The biggest ones monopolize the entire business. You may find negative comments from the competition and vice versa, good comments from themselves. I know from experience. This community is full of agents, bookers and other people who will not hesitate to manipulate you to obtain you as an artist and to exploit you. It happens in all businesses.
The best thing you can do is keep your distance, stay safe, do not sign abusive contracts, so they will have to get you performances to win something with you. Never sign a contract that could injure your rights, I mean contracts about transfering rights.
No problem. I have not signed anything. I would never sign a contract to transfer my musical rights.

The best thing you can do is keep your distance, stay safe, do not sign abusive contracts, so they will have to get you performances to win something with you. Never sign a contract that could injure your rights, I mean contracts about transfering rights.
In any case, there are companies dedicated to the subject of royalties. They give you the tools to buy and sell music rights. This way you can control your income on royalties and gain better returns than paid advances.
but apparently this company is not about this. They are organizers of musical events. The reservation companies do not usually work on this. You can be calm.
Another possibility is to organize your own musical events, in this way you will not lose 10-15% and you can be sure of your legitimacy. I know that this is a bit cumbersome, and that at certain points it is overwhelming, but it is worth it. The life of an artist can sometimes be hard. 🆒
exactly! life of an artist is hard :):):):)
Another possibility is to organize your own musical events, in this way you will not lose 10-15% and you can be sure of your legitimacy. I know that this is a bit cumbersome, and that at certain points it is overwhelming, but it is worth it. The life of an artist can sometimes be hard. 🆒
hello Kaleshi! I have worked with this company in its headquarters in Hungary. It is a serious and professional company. there is nothing to fear, in fact they suggested to me not to reveal sensitive information, never reveal personal information, they never ask for your safety
no it isn't they only work in event management

but apparently this company is not about this. They are organizers of musical events. The reservation companies do not usually work on this. You can be calm.
it is a possibility, it depends on the time you are willing to dedicate, I prefer to pay the intermediaries and dedicate myself to what I do best: compose

then you do not have to worry

No problem. I have not signed anything. I would never sign a contract to transfer my musical rights.

no contract required

:8
then you do not have to worry

Quite so!
I have worked with companies in the same field. They all work in a similar way. The biggest ones monopolize the entire business. You may find negative comments from the competition and vice versa, good comments from themselves. I know from experience. This community is full of agents, bookers and other people who will not hesitate to manipulate you to obtain you as an artist and to exploit you. It happens in all businesses.
I want to do both.

it is a possibility, it depends on the time you are willing to dedicate, I prefer to pay the intermediaries and dedicate myself to what I do best: compose

ok

I am a composer, but I do live performances from time to time
No artist can call himself an artist without being a composer.

I am a composer, but I do live performances from time to time
Of course, the line between composing and acting is very thin
I've always preferred to be behind the scenes, creating music, like a ghost composer. Although I must confess that in my adolescence I foolishly with some performances. But I never liked it.
move to the dark side man! It's pretty too

I've always preferred to be behind the scenes, creating music, like a ghost composer. Although I must confess that in my adolescence I foolishly with some performances. But I never liked it.
I would say: no artist can call himself an artist without being a live performer

yes, a very thin line

I would say: no artist can call himself an artist without being a live performer