• 4 December 2017
  • 86 replies

Show first post

86 replies

Userlevel 2
:$
these are very similar words

I know what is a royalty, I mean music rights:

Music licensing is the licensed use of copyrighted music. Music licensing is intended to ensure that the owners of copyrights on musical works are compensated for certain uses of their work. A purchaser has limited rights to use the work without a separate agreement.

royalties: A royalty is a payment made by one party, the licensee or franchisee to another that owns a particular asset, the licensor or franchisor for the right to ongoing use of that asset. Royalties are typically agreed upon as a percentage of gross or net revenues derived from the use of an asset or a fixed price per unit sold of an item of such, but there are also other modes and metrics of compensation. [from wikipedia]

I am talking about royalties, not about sell music rights, it is a little different thing.

these are very similar words
Never!

It depends
No way, never sell your rights. Thats the most recommended.

I always keep my music rights, but in some cases is good to sell your royalties, depend on label
The best thing you can do is keep your distance, stay safe, do not sign abusive contracts, so they will have to get you performances to win something with you. Never sign a contract that could injure your rights, I mean contracts about transfering rights.
I have worked with them, it is a reservation agency, they get you some gigs, but their amount is usually low, 150/300 dollars per act.
I never sold my music rights, never

No way, never sell your rights. Thats the most recommended.

I always keep my music rights, but in some cases is good to sell your royalties, depend on label
The best thing you can do is keep your distance, stay safe, do not sign abusive contracts, so they will have to get you performances to win something with you. Never sign a contract that could injure your rights, I mean contracts about transfering rights.
Nice, I produce techno, are some techno producer there?
I produce Techno music and Psy Trance🆒

i dont have a generic genre, my music is very unique and particular i make tribal music and afro beats mixed all this with hip hop samples :):):)

What kind of music you do?
yes they did it, in fact they are making changes, they told me about the style and menus didnt work but soon wil do, roster is not completed yet

They told you the web is under construction?
They dont require exclusivity, it is a open contract

Some companies work in both sides, dont know if its the case

but apparently this company is not about this. They are organizers of musical events. The reservation companies do not usually work on this. You can be calm.
Well done
No problem. I have not signed anything. I would never sign a contract to transfer my musical rights.

Userlevel 4
I'm not expecting any reply to this. I'm just wondering how long it will be before they send someone to make 7 posts in a row to try and bury this.
Kangaroo Bookings. Their website looks like this:

Kanga In Space. Their website looks like this:

Clearly it is the same company. Kanga In Space only appeared after Kangaroo Bookings were accused of being scammers. It doesn't seem like a major scam. Just getting about $40 from up-and-coming artists to put their pictures nice and big on a professional-looking website ... and that is it. I contacted a few artists on the site. Real artists, not the ones who come here to defend Kanga(roo) but don't appear on their sites or even have SoundCloud accounts. All of them said they hadn't got a single booking.
Hello

I can say conclusively that this IS a scam. Kanga in Space is a scam.

Below are the rules they set out 17/7/18

Below is my payment 17/7

And here is my email inbox August 2019 showing no emails and no communication from them to book anything

I received 0 bookings and 0 communication once paid and set up, I asked for my money back as per their terms and conditions and received 0 money back. I have sent repeated emails to their various accounts and they've ignored them.

100% a scam company as they know Paypal can't automatically refund you as their terms are less than a year. I hope they enjoy taking €33 from independent artists, what a brilliant business to run

DO NOT USE KANGA
Userlevel 4
Thanks for posting that evidence. I noticed a couple of months back that the Kangaroo Bookings website no longer exists. I think they are ready to dump the Kanga In Space one as they don't set up fake profiles here to defend themselves any more. However, they have probably set up the same scam under a new name.