Kangaroo Bookings is a scam

• 29 September 2017
  • 68 replies

Show first post

68 replies

And yes, I also create my account just to express my point of view.
Kangaroo Bookings: The French Uberisation of music booking agencies?
Caesar's Ape Sin categoría 3 August, 2017 2 Minutes

Hello friends! Finally my vacation has been postponed to next week, work things. So I took the opportunity to write about something that many of you may be interested in. Today is a special day for me. Some weeks ago I received an email from the KangarooBookings guys and that’s how I discovered this great platform.

First, what means uberisation? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uberisation

How does it work? Simple. They have “scouts” usually try to cover the entire musical demand. For example, if there are no techno artists in Milan, look for someone who can cover that gap. At that point we find a similarity with Uber taxi drivers who, thanks to their platform, assure a driver in a certain area, with a certain budget. This is the same, booking agents, event planners, clubnight owners look for this platform to a certain artist to cover an event, festival, venue or party.

Which enables? It allows that from small to great artists (Djs, producers, I’ve even seen some band) to access the music bookings market. It benefits the artist because it gives him the possibility of obtaining his contracting and also benefits the contractor because when eliminating intermediaries (classic agencies) the prices become cheaper.

Does it cost anything? No, they only take 10% in terms of the management, organization and planning of everything. They work as non-exclusive way.

EDIT: I have joined them and all right. 8 hours later I already had the inbox of my new email address working and my profile online. Very excited!!!

There is a plan called “verified profile” which is not mandatory. The verified profile is to make sure that behind a profile there is a real, serious and professional person. The same concept that also has twitter, facebook or instagram. Something like this.

Having this profile verified costs only 33€ (around $35) is a one time deposit and includes some important features like all the profiles updates you need, your own email inbox, for example your_artistname@kangaroobookings.com (which already sounds better than a simple gmail), legal support, contact 24 hours…

Can I keep searching for reservations by myself or other agencies? This is what I liked the most. Yes you can continue with other agencies because they do not work in any exclusive way. You also do not lose any rights to your music or artist name. Are all advantages.

Personally, as a driver of Uber, and vocational Dj seems to me a great platform that follows in the footsteps of the giant UBER. Highly recommended!
I dont see where is the scam, it is all explained in places like this too:

We are going to talk about an important part in the life of a musical artist. Be featured in events, gigs and performances. It is often complicated and stressful to have to compose, record, sell your music and deal with event organizers to be hired as artist. The truth is that this is a recurring theme between the musicians from the world of music.

Today I want to tell you about a french agency that manages reservations. It should be noted that the agency works internationally. http://kangaroobookings.com

In its web page you can find its policies, terms and conditions: http://kangaroobookings.com/faq

For those who do not like reading, I summarize it with these four points:

Travel and accommodation costs are fully covered by the organizer.
10% commission for the reservations they get for you.
There are two forms of entry: public profile and mail address (under the payment of a $35 bail) or free of charge (no verified profile or mailing address).
You can leave the agency at any time.

I'm going to show you how book an artist in three simple steps:

1.Go to http://kangaroobookings.com website.

2.Select "Country/Style" of the artist you want to hire (in my case Techno from Germany).

At this point the website will show you the offers in these areas, just select your artist "clicking" on the desired profile.

3.Complete the form and press the "Send" button.

That easy!

Now you know another music booking agency, I hope this will be of help to all of you, musicians especially, who are busy in the musical creation and can not take the time to look for performances.
hope it helps
Hey man, I know you're probably feeling really angry about this. Email us and we can talk about this agency, since we're actually signed to them and are currently working with them. I will be honest with you, they seemed shady at first and the fee is absolutely real, we did not have to pay that fee. I will answer literally any question you have via text, call or again- a classic email.
our band email is dreamhouseband@outlook.com
I'm sorry for your feelings on this, I've seen a lot of speculation as to whether or not this agency is a legitimate one or not. And before you stop and think, wait, this jerk works for them, I don't. I only have my experiences and ideas about them. Which are very fair in my opinion.
Userlevel 1
All of the accounts that are defending kangaroo bookings are fake, proof here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DJs/comments/734ear/kangaroo_bookings_is_a_scam/
I actually already saw that thread and was kind of worried. I read up on the issues and scam accusations that Kangaroo has received. But you've failed to read the reply that Anthony had on this entire topic, In it he apologises and says some other interesting things. Again that email I provided is ours, and is not represented by Kangaroo, so it's not a monitored account. However it seems that most people who see that email are going to stare blankly and not click the email link.. So i'll go ahead and address what my concerns were with Kangaroo.

first off i wanna say that they have...
Shady. As. Fuck. Methods.
Yes i received a similar message and overall i was not upset, i was curious. i continued to roast the heck out of Anthony for several days and was very through in asking him about how they operate and what exactly their gigs would entail. However my band was offered to be brought over to Europe to do shows there, NOT in our home country (US).
most of our members are still trying to make it through college, so i proposed that we spend a year working on a debut and merchandise and then conduct a winter tour instead of the originally talked about summer tour.
He accepted the offer gracefully, and i think that's about when i started to feel a little better about this whole thing.
eventually after two weeks of back and forth emails he gave me the news that Kangaroo had decided they wanted us to sign with them, and from there on he described the way that we would do or business.
The highlights of said email were legal representation, paying for our travel and some other things like their percentage rate.
I agreed to their percentage, i honestly thought it was low and pretty generous.
we have plans to be publicly represented on their site in a few months. So if you search us NO, you won't find us there. having said that if you'd like proof i can provide screenshots at Anthony's permission to you.
We have not been asked to pay a fee, and after asking him he actually assured me that they would not ask for one.
I really hope this helps, if there are more questions please ask. I answer fairly fast.
something to note about my band is that we're based out of the United States and that i do keep in contact with Anthony regularly. Concerning the allegations against those facebook reviews... yeah, i can't defend that, and to me it does seem incredibly unlikely that a small agency have five stars and happy customers all around the board. if anyone has ANY things to say or add about that facebook thing please do, that genuinely confused me, because i've never ever seen five stars and such positive reviews.
Again, this is unbiased. if at any moment this starts to feel wrong i'll post again.
Userlevel 1
"first off i wanna say that they have...
Shady. As. Fuck. Methods."

That says it all
man i know i know, but i took a huge huge chance and whatever happens happens. I really haven't had to invest anything into this
Userlevel 1
Hey, so the reason they want you to join for free, is because it gives them more credibility. If they have a big base of people on their website who are real people they can use them to convince new people to pay their fee. I know you say you have nothing to lose, but what you're really doing is giving them more steam to continue their scam.

I can see that you're a real person because you have a Soundcloud account with real comments etc, I'm not doubting that. I don't think anything is going to blow up in your face as long as you don't pay them anything, but don't expect anything to come out of it. Don't expect to get any gigs from these guys because that's not what's important to them, trust me. There are other "agencies" that run on the exact same business model that are PROVEN scams. I've talked to other "members" about 10 or so, and they're in the same boat as you. Do you really think that an agency would come out of the blue and start offering (I mean this in the least disrespectful way possible) nobodies a chance to play shows internationally and have all their fees, hotels, travel etc. paid for? I'm telling you these guys message EVERYBODY. What basis is that to actually be a legitimate booking agency. All of those accounts are created within a day or two of me making a thread, and they all have the same writing style and grammar mistakes. This "Anthony" guy, is the same guy on every account who has created a bogus website, and a bogus facebook account. I understand that you probably really want this to work out because it sounds like a really good deal but that's exactly why you shouldn't trust it.

Thanks for the follow on soundcloud btw, we appreciate it.

Cheers.
I do not think your theory is valid. I joined for free also as DreamHouseBand long before you opened this post. In no way they could manipulate me, since this happened a month ago.
just like me
I do not think your theory is valid. I joined for free also as DreamHouseBand long before you opened this post. In no way they could manipulate me, since this happened a month ago.
no scam. It is obvius that somebody has interests in discrediting kangaroo, since a couple of days ago too many efforts by a single person.
I agree with you, that is what is explained in this thread constantly. there are several ways to get into the agency. I do not think it's a scam.

Hey man, I know you're probably feeling really angry about this. Email us and we can talk about this agency, since we're actually signed to them and are currently working with them. I will be honest with you, they seemed shady at first and the fee is absolutely real, we did not have to pay that fee. I will answer literally any question you have via text, call or again- a classic email.
our band email is dreamhouseband@outlook.com
I'm sorry for your feelings on this, I've seen a lot of speculation as to whether or not this agency is a legitimate one or not. And before you stop and think, wait, this jerk works for them, I don't. I only have my experiences and ideas about them. Which are very fair in my opinion.
I agree with you

I actually already saw that thread and was kind of worried. I read up on the issues and scam accusations that Kangaroo has received. But you've failed to read the reply that Anthony had on this entire topic, In it he apologises and says some other interesting things. Again that email I provided is ours, and is not represented by Kangaroo, so it's not a monitored account. However it seems that most people who see that email are going to stare blankly and not click the email link.. So i'll go ahead and address what my concerns were with Kangaroo.

first off i wanna say that they have...
Shady. As. Fuck. Methods.
Yes i received a similar message and overall i was not upset, i was curious. i continued to roast the heck out of Anthony for several days and was very through in asking him about how they operate and what exactly their gigs would entail. However my band was offered to be brought over to Europe to do shows there, NOT in our home country (US).
most of our members are still trying to make it through college, so i proposed that we spend a year working on a debut and merchandise and then conduct a winter tour instead of the originally talked about summer tour.
He accepted the offer gracefully, and i think that's about when i started to feel a little better about this whole thing.
eventually after two weeks of back and forth emails he gave me the news that Kangaroo had decided they wanted us to sign with them, and from there on he described the way that we would do or business.
The highlights of said email were legal representation, paying for our travel and some other things like their percentage rate.
I agreed to their percentage, i honestly thought it was low and pretty generous.
we have plans to be publicly represented on their site in a few months. So if you search us NO, you won't find us there. having said that if you'd like proof i can provide screenshots at Anthony's permission to you.
We have not been asked to pay a fee, and after asking him he actually assured me that they would not ask for one.
I really hope this helps, if there are more questions please ask. I answer fairly fast.
something to note about my band is that we're based out of the United States and that i do keep in contact with Anthony regularly. Concerning the allegations against those facebook reviews... yeah, i can't defend that, and to me it does seem incredibly unlikely that a small agency have five stars and happy customers all around the board. if anyone has ANY things to say or add about that facebook thing please do, that genuinely confused me, because i've never ever seen five stars and such positive reviews.
Again, this is unbiased. if at any moment this starts to feel wrong i'll post again.
That is what is happening here, he has been betrayed.

After a small search, it seems clear what happens. Apparently the creator of this thread works in a company called Gloo Studios: gloostudios.com

They contact artists to make videos and charge them for it. The subject in question is responsible for animating videos and making music, with their corresponding commission. I think this guy, Alexander is trying to discredit Kangaroo Bookings by simply stealing customers. Just my opinion.
I've been with Robert for over a year, the owner of the agency Kangaroo booking contacted initially for artists. I can assure you, that I have not had any problems with them. What's more, I also know that some friends wanted to go from UT to kangaroo bookings and they could not because they only picked up the best ones there. With this I say everything.

man i know i know, but i took a huge huge chance and whatever happens happens. I really haven't had to invest anything into thisI do not think your theory is valid. I joined for free also as DreamHouseBand long before you opened this post. In no way they could manipulate me, since this happened a month ago.
I also do not understand people who want everything for nothing. This blog explains how the agency works: http://electromusichunter.blogspot.com/2017/08/kangaroo-bookings-international-booking.html

There are two ways of belonging to the agency. Free or Premium, I spoke with Robert and his affiliate wants to reach an agreement to give more free services, I do not know if the mail will be included or not, I imagine it will be a question of getting success internationally. When bigger is a company, more free services can give.
I suppose they could put advertising on their website, or use other systems, but that is something of the company and its policies.
first off that was a typo on the webmaster' part, our name is Dream House- Which has been updated as of yesterday. also, the profile picture should change next week, we have a photo shoot lined up and it'll also act as a profile shoot. i guess for all of our social pages, you know, to keep things uniform.

anyways, yeah. i'm still cautious, i would be this way with anyone. i'll keep updating as time passes
Userlevel 1
Look at all the accounts that just replied defending Kangaroo bookings. Created the exact same day they post, as per usual. Don't be fooled by these scammers.
Man, you are doing the same thing you are denouncing here. Just created this account just to damage kangaroo bookings. Your reddit user just talk about kangaroo bookings, except one post asking about a private beach 1 year ago. Really weird, dont you think?

This is in no way a scam, I talked to Anthony this morning and since I've been with Kangaroo I have not had any problems. If one day I have it, I'll be the first to enter here and explain what it's all about. But I do not understand those accusations on your part, which apparently have not even worked there.
After a small search, it seems clear what happens. Apparently the creator of this thread works in a company called Gloo Studios: gloostudios.com

They contact artists to make videos and charge them for it. The subject in question is responsible for animating videos and making music, with their corresponding commission. I think this guy, Alexander is trying to discredit Kangaroo Bookings by simply stealing customers. Just my opinion.
Userlevel 1
Go to the 4th post of this thread. Francesco Bengini just posted the exact same thing under a different account...

"Ernest de Jong Booker*** 11 replies 10 days ago

They contact artists to make videos and charge them for it. The subject in question is responsible for animating videos and making music, with their corresponding commission. I think this guy, Alexander is trying to discredit Kangaroo Bookings by simply stealing customers. Just my opinion."

Obviously they're both fake accounts, he just forgot that he already posted it hahaha
Yes I copied the comment from Ernest de Jong Booker, I just wanted to quote him, I do not know how this is done in this forum. I'm not an idiot because of that, not everyone is as smart as you.