Question

kangaroo bookings IS NOT A SCAM

• 29 September 2017
  • 49 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi, I created this thread after seeing a user's attempt to discredit this legitimate agency. apparently it is Moonmelt that for some disagreement with this agency is trying to damage the reputation of this company. I have been part of Kangaroo for months and I can ensure that they are legit. this "boy" has been publishing shit for 2 days with the only intention of annoying.

49 replies

Userlevel 1
https://www.reddit.com/r/DJs/comments/734ear/kangaroo_bookings_is_a_scam/
I joined kangaroo yesterday and I had no problems. I entered for free, I do not see the scam nowhere.
Hi Fergie. I've heard about Kangaroo Bookings I'm interested in hearing the music of people who have recently joined Kangaroo, but I can't find a SoundCloud account for you. Is it under another name? I can't find accounts for Simbad Baykara or Marcello Putureanu or Amadeo Fierri. There's an Ernest de Jong with no music posted: https://soundcloud.com/ernest-de-jong Is this the Ernest de Jong signed to Kangaroo bookings?
Are you not allowed to have SoundCloud accounts once you sign to Kangaroo? Is the music exclusive to them?
Thanks
Userlevel 1
It's a scam, proof here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DJs/comments/734ear/kangaroo_bookings_is_a_scam/dou2gxw/
I joined kangaroo yesterday and I had no problems. I entered for free, I do not see the scam nowhere.

There are definitely other agencies interested in discrediting Kangaroo, nothing happens, we already know all who they are and how this works.
and not only this thread, lot of people talk pestilences about this user called Moonmelt:

I researched a little and how is it possible that with 600 followers you have 66k plays? and just in one song, I think the only fake here are you. LOL

I think moonmelt is a troll, Im signed up with Kangaroo and any trouble

My theory is that some people are trying to relate them to other bad agencies. It is a question of discrediting other agents to hoard the market. Dunno.

Hello everyone, I have also been contacted by this agency. The first thing I did was a research. I have searched on different web pages. soundcloud and reddit mainly.

It is curious that you accuse a person just for misusing a word. I do not speak english either. I would like to see how would write in romanian an english person, sure he dont talk perfect ;)

You said "they look like new accounts, a month ago" and yours? you guys just have a previous comment! https://www.reddit.com/user/Moonmelt

I am not accusing anyone, I just try to be neutral and approach this objectively, because I am also interested in joining the agency.

Furthermore I visited your soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/moonmelt
following: 830
followers: 601

and you guys have a track with 66.300 plays? how is it possible? you talked about: "It's easy enough to pay on facebook and boost your posts and make fake accounts." this is what you did guys? because I didnt know it was possible. But seems it is.
Could you explain this? don't get me wrong, just wantto clarify it. But you are accusing a person and it seems that you are doing exactly the same. I do not think it's objective or fair either.
This is what I tried to explain, I'm not the only one who thinks the same. Be carefull with Moonmelt and their scam agency. http://www.gloostudios.com/contact/
+1 (604) 678-9333

This guy and this shitty company should be spammed, seems he talked bad about other agencies over internet just to sell more.

This is what I tried to quote:
As I said in the other thread: any scam, I worked with Anthony lot of years, we have common people in our circle of friends and acquaintances. Seem you are the only guy in all internet who is saying that.

Futhermore all your accounts has been created one day ago... reddit and soundcloudcommunity, you have lot of interest in to speak negatively about them.

After a small search, it seems clear what happens. Apparently the creator of this thread works in a company called Gloo Studios: gloostudios.com

They contact artists to make videos and charge them for it. The subject in question is responsible for animating videos and making music, with their corresponding commission. I think this guy, Alexander is trying to discredit Kangaroo Bookings by simply stealing customers. Just my opinion.

So, be carefull about this!
Sorry I copied the comment from Ernest de Jong Booker, I just wanted to quote him, I do not know how this is done in this forum.
After a small search, it seems clear what happens. Apparently Moonmelt works in a company called Gloo Studios: gloostudios.com

They contact artists to make videos and charge them for it. The subject in question is responsible for animating videos and making music, with their corresponding commission. I think this guy, Alexander is trying to discredit Kangaroo Bookings by simply stealing customers. Just my opinion.
This is in no way a scam, I talked to Anthony this morning and since I've been with Kangaroo I have not had any problems. If one day I have it, I'll be the first to enter here and explain what it's all about. But I do not understand those accusations on your part, which apparently have not even worked there.
Due to the numerous emails I receive daily about my membership in this agency, I finally decided to write this post and clarify the doubts and why not... stop me spamming my mail. Just kidding! :8

Well, my story starts 5 months ago when I joined this agency. A friend told me about this agency, for which he had recently worked. I sent an email to this agency and Anthony answered. From the beginning the agency offered me many advantages.

The question that most people ask me is if I have to pay to get a performance. The answer is depends, I for example enter under rate that included web mail, artist profile and legal team. I also had the option to enter for free, without profile or mail or without profile until the first performance apart from the 10% commission for each event achieved by them.

You also ask me about the number of bookings. At the moment I have obtained 3 shows, not a great number of performances, but the salary has been very generous. Few but very well paid.

In general I am happy with them and it is always good to have agents working for you and to be able to share your music, which is what it is about 😃
Userlevel 1
Don't let these scammers fool you. Because I've uncovered their scam they are trying to personally attack me by looking me up on Facebook and posting my information. None of these accounts are connected to any artists profile and have been created the same day that they first posted on one of these threads. Stay away from these guys, feel free to send me a message if you have doubts.
Moonmelt again! Nice try, but no one believes you. I found this about you:

After a small search, it seems clear what happens. Apparently the creator of this thread works in a company called Gloo Studios: gloostudios.com

Userlevel 1
This is a fake, scam agency. All of the accounts defending Kangaroo Bookings are fake and made by the same person. Proof here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DJs/comments/734ear/kangaroo_bookings_is_a_scam/
I hope this helps!
JoshuaDJ Booker* 4 replies 24 days ago
I arrived to this community after be contacted by Anthony from Kangaroo bookings. First of all I want to explain Im not a soundcloud user, so... I dont understand why people says this is something about soundcloud. I always had used mixcloud and they contacted me too. So, not true this is something specific to this social network.

Just before to make a decision I tried to do a research about this agency.

Specific and manifest facts:
-They have lot of contacts from both sides (venues and artists). I know this because seems that their team has contacted some of us. I know some discos has been contacted too.

-They try to sell the idea of the "uberization" I found more info on internet:
"How does it work? Simple. They have “scouts” usually try to cover the entire musical demand. For example, if there are no techno artists in Milan, look for someone who can cover that gap. At that point we find a similarity with Uber taxi drivers who, thanks to their platform, assure a driver in a certain area, with a certain budget. This is the same, booking agents, event planners, clubnight owners look for this platform to a certain artist to cover an event, festival, venue or party.

Which enables? It allows that from small to great artists (Djs, producers, I’ve even seen some band) to access the music bookings market. It benefits the artist because it gives him the possibility of obtaining his contracting and also benefits the contractor because when eliminating intermediaries (classic agencies) the prices become cheaper."

-Venues are happy with his services:
"I called into kangaroo this afternoon looking to book an event for my artist and anthony took care of everything. I normally do this but due to time restraints and many projects on my plate I called in to take care of the event. He called me back and took care of booking the reservation and adding a rental car, it was great. Excellent service." I contacted this italian guy and he replied me.

-Artists are happy with his services I found comments like:
"This agency is very professional and very fast at responding to any questions you may have and there roster of artist including me are all marking our ways closer and closer to the top!!! Thank you guys so much for everything so far and for more great things to happen!!!!"

"Professionalism, really fast attention and an unbeatable treatment, very happy to work with them"

"Very professional and serious agency.
The comunication are easy and fast.
Thank you for all!"

"great agency!!!"
I contacted every one of them and no robots, no fake accounts, real people. You guys can do the same.

-Author of the topic related kangaroo to other agency just because is french and other soundcloudcommunity topic talk about oyher. I think they are relating with them just because some scary people search things like: french booking agency scam, french international booking agency fake, and they arrive here, just because goggle robot link this search with this click on the site. what is the result? google think that they are related.

-People who talk bad about them is curiously people who want a webmail or webprofile for free as another reddit user explained:
"Two weeks after my sign up, they contact me with a booking request: a nightclub show, all expenses would need to be within the 600€, near to my city... unfortunately this date clashed with an official event of the disco which I'm resident dj and I had to reject the offer. As I told you in my previous post, my experience has been really positive, I didnt see any fishy or weird stuff. Some artists ask me if they are scam, or a fake agency. I have lots of mails of this kind in my inbox each week, for me this is just a signal of how powerfull is this agency and how many people they can reach: hundred of artists and thousand of venues. Very happy to belong to this agency."

or "I hate people who, if they do not get what they want for free, are dedicated to stinking forums like this. You have a sad life!"

CONCLUSSION:
-make a research is not bad, Im the first one who did it, it is positive, but some people who dont want to pay for extra services, has been devoted to talk bad about the agency. As someone said in these forums: "Today, I finally registered on the web. You can signup with a profile and mail address under an upfront bond of $35 or free without profile nor mail. I choosed the second option, free. They will search bookings for me, I can leave the agency at any time, I keep my music rights, they get the 10% of comission from the bookings they get me. I was treated ok, without any major incidents. "
How do you know he listened your music? can you explain it better? Sure, you can get in for free. It is explained on its website.

I just registered here to let the you know my experience. Last week a friend told me about this agency, I had never heard from kangaroo before. So I sent them an application to offer my services as an artist. They replied me few hours later by email. Today I have registered with them and I have not paid anything because I have not wanted web profile nor personal email address. I am still using my gmail. No doubt they had heard my music for very precise comments regarding the song.
Are people still using yahoo answers? it's 2017!:8:8:8

I found two yahoo answers:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20170814144611AABRxif

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20170825144100AAzWBNy

These topics are over 2 months old, it rejects the theory that it was created the same day.
Do not worry, mine either. I understand you well.
I hope you understood me. My English is not very good ;)
Of course, I have also read it.

But has anyone read the faq of the agency? I really do not understand people.

WHAT IS KANGAROO BOOKINGS?
It is a booking agency that supports all kinds of musical artists, contacting artists with booking agents worldwide.

HOW DOES IT WORK?
We will keep your profile updated and make sure you keep checking your Inbox for your booking requests. Its easy, fast and professional.

WHAT SERVICES DO WE OFFER?
We offer a useful mix of service. We are a music booking agency. In certain cases, we can also provide our own management services. But most importantly, we cooperate and collaborate with most other music magazines and music labels.

HOW CAN I JOIN TO KANGAROO BOOKINGS?
Just contact us if you are really interested.

CAN ANYONE JOIN US?
Everybody is welcome to sign up, so why not try us out! However, we do reserve the right to reject artists which do not match our criteria for professionalism and content.

IS KANGAROO BOOKINGS JUST ANOTHER BOOKING AGENCY?
No. Kangaroo Bookings is a unique agency which actively seeks out new events and bookings, check our list of members and as best we can, match each artist with their requirements.

CAN I LEAVE KANGAROO BOOKINGS AT ANY TIME?
Of course you can, you can leave Kangaroo Bookings at any time. You also have the option to stop email notifications if you are off the road or just taking a well earned break!

DO WE ASK YOU TO SIGN A CONTRACT?
No, as a rule we do not ask anyone to sign contracts because we do not demand exclusivity. Occasionally our team may offer an exclusive contract to our more outstanding artists, but we reserve the right to make or withdraw these offers.

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO SIGN UP WITH KANGAROO BOOKINGS?
It depends on each particular service. Feel free to compare our prices to other booking agencies.

WHAT PERCENTAGE DOES KANGAROO BOOKINGS TAKE?
Your first booking is commission free, this one is on us! After your first booking, our fee is 10% for each subsequent booking.

WHERE ARE WE BASED?
Although we are a worldwide booking agency, our head office is in Lyon, France.

WHAT ABOUT TRANSPORT, LODGING, FLIGHTS AND OTHER EXTRA COSTS?
Transport, lodging and flights, if required, are covered by the venue. Kangaroo Bookings will not be liable for any extra costs.

WHAT ABOUT THE GIGS/EVENTS I BOOK MYSELF?
All the gigs you book by and for yourself (or through other agencies) are yours and Kangaroo Bookings will not ask for a commission for these bookings.

CONTACT US?
The best way to contact us is via email through our Contact Section

First you have to read and then give an opinion. If I see another thread on this I fly my head. LOL
I'm a fan of the cosmos movies! Yes, the logo is clearly inspired by that theme.

Apollo 18? that if that is foolish. It does not matter?

I found an Anthony's post which I think is interesting, I share it:

Hi, well let me introduce myself, my name is Anthony Laurosse, I am the creator of the agency: Kangaroo Bookings. Recently one of my artists has informed me of the existence of this post. I have registered here only to explain your doubts and questions. Forgive me for my language, I am French and I speak English within my means.
As I said above: I and some colleagues founded the agency. We have been working since 2015 in a small local bookings business in France, Paris. Recently (1 month ago) we decided to create an international company of bookings with the minimum possible of intermediaries (like UBER, from client to agent, Im sure you know what I mean).
I will try to answer all the questions, especially Antonio, I remember you well. I said that your sound was very similar to deadmau5 in the "equalization" and especially in the kick the of the drum sample, you know "that kind of progressive". Sorry for the confusion, it is logical you do Techno house, salsa style. Search a song called: BRAZIL from deadmau5 and listen to its intro:It's that kind of Techno drummer, I copy and paste the mail for you all to see if you do not mind, simply I want to clarify: "I liked your style, and the general sound equalization, remember me deadmau5 that kind of progressive".
Concerning to The_skittish´s comment about the logo: It is said that our logo looks like "planet hell" when "planet hell" is inspired by the logo of the mission apollo XVIII, please give it a look here: http://kangaroobookings.com/images/logo/apollo18b.png
There is no doubt that "planet hell" took it from there. Now that you know that they took it from there, will you also say that they are not legit? Please, it's just a logo guys. Our web designer was also inspired by the apollo mission. That´s all. Anyway I would like to clarify that the current logo is only an approximation of what we have in mind. In fact the webmaster was wrong selecting the logo because the logo that I finally chose was this: http://kangaroobookings.com/images/logo/logo27.png
As you can see we had more proposals designed:
http://kangaroobookings.com/images/logo/logo25cratere.png
http://kangaroobookings.com/images/logo/logo25mm.png
http://kangaroobookings.com/images/logo/logo25s.png
http://kangaroobookings.com/images/logo/logo25sss.png
By the way, which one do you like the most?
On the subject of bail: we offer two ways to enter: 1)free of charge or 2)under a bond that includes: profile creation, personal mail artist kind of: artist@kangaroobooking.com and obtaining an event in the next six months. The deposit is returned at any time the artist wants to recover his bond. For us it is a way of equalizing commitment, a temporary bond, nothing more. You have to know that creating a profile costs about 25 minutes, we have to create the email address and keep your profile updated too, it's time. If I invest time and human resources in you I need to know that I will recover my money, time is money after all. We automate everything we can, but there are parts of the business that are not automated. This leads to the next point.
On the subject of similar messages: we use some templates to make easy and fast the process, for example: I always ask the age, the money that you want to charge, your availability ... I do not write every time the same, I take advantage of something that I always use. I read absolutely all the messages and I answer them, you can verify it and from now I take the opportunity to put my email here: contact@kangaroobookings.com you will see as I answer to all of you. Real answers, no robot, come on guys ...
Concerning the artists' acceptance: all our artists have been informed of their inclusion in our roster, you can check it also. In fact they come from a platform of artists from a founding partner and personal friend.
I think thats all, else I take this opportunity to encourage you to read our policies here: www.kangaroobookings.com/faq
Im so sorry to read it, this is very bad for our reputation, this is a project that we really belive in these comments do not help at all, they give a tremendously bad image of our cause. In fact I was very happy with the acceptance of the people in our facebook, you can see the reviews, the people are quite happy, we have about 1200 eyes looking there. Anyway... we are at your entire disposal.
After a small search, it seems clear what happens. Apparently the creator of the thread which talks bad about Kangaroo Bookings works in a similar company.

They contact artists to make videos and charge them for it. The subject in question is responsible for animating videos and making music, with their corresponding commission. I think this guy, is trying to discredit Kangaroo Bookings by simply stealing customers. Just my opinion.
As I said in the other thread: any scam, I worked with Anthony lot of years, we have common people in our circle of friends and acquaintances. Seem you are the only guy in all internet who is saying that.

Futhermore all your accounts has been created one day ago... reddit and soundcloudcommunity, you have lot of interest in to speak negatively about them.
Apollo 18? that if that is foolish. It does not matter?

I found an Anthony's post which I think is interesting, I share it:

Hi, well let me introduce myself, my name is Anthony Laurosse, I am the creator of the agency: Kangaroo Bookings. Recently one of my artists has informed me of the existence of this post. I have registered here only to explain your doubts and questions. Forgive me for my language, I am French and I speak English within my means.
As I said above: I and some colleagues founded the agency. We have been working since 2015 in a small local bookings business in France, Paris. Recently (1 month ago) we decided to create an international company of bookings with the minimum possible of intermediaries (like UBER, from client to agent, Im sure you know what I mean).
I will try to answer all the questions, especially Antonio, I remember you well. I said that your sound was very similar to deadmau5 in the "equalization" and especially in the kick the of the drum sample, you know "that kind of progressive". Sorry for the confusion, it is logical you do Techno house, salsa style. Search a song called: BRAZIL from deadmau5 and listen to its intro:It's that kind of Techno drummer, I copy and paste the mail for you all to see if you do not mind, simply I want to clarify: "I liked your style, and the general sound equalization, remember me deadmau5 that kind of progressive".
Concerning to The_skittish´s comment about the logo: It is said that our logo looks like "planet hell" when "planet hell" is inspired by the logo of the mission apollo XVIII, please give it a look here: http://kangaroobookings.com/images/logo/apollo18b.png
There is no doubt that "planet hell" took it from there. Now that you know that they took it from there, will you also say that they are not legit? Please, it's just a logo guys. Our web designer was also inspired by the apollo mission. That´s all. Anyway I would like to clarify that the current logo is only an approximation of what we have in mind. In fact the webmaster was wrong selecting the logo because the logo that I finally chose was this: http://kangaroobookings.com/images/logo/logo27.png
As you can see we had more proposals designed:
http://kangaroobookings.com/images/logo/logo25cratere.png
http://kangaroobookings.com/images/logo/logo25mm.png
http://kangaroobookings.com/images/logo/logo25s.png
http://kangaroobookings.com/images/logo/logo25sss.png
By the way, which one do you like the most?
On the subject of bail: we offer two ways to enter: 1)free of charge or 2)under a bond that includes: profile creation, personal mail artist kind of: artist@kangaroobooking.com and obtaining an event in the next six months. The deposit is returned at any time the artist wants to recover his bond. For us it is a way of equalizing commitment, a temporary bond, nothing more. You have to know that creating a profile costs about 25 minutes, we have to create the email address and keep your profile updated too, it's time. If I invest time and human resources in you I need to know that I will recover my money, time is money after all. We automate everything we can, but there are parts of the business that are not automated. This leads to the next point.
On the subject of similar messages: we use some templates to make easy and fast the process, for example: I always ask the age, the money that you want to charge, your availability ... I do not write every time the same, I take advantage of something that I always use. I read absolutely all the messages and I answer them, you can verify it and from now I take the opportunity to put my email here: contact@kangaroobookings.com you will see as I answer to all of you. Real answers, no robot, come on guys ...
Concerning the artists' acceptance: all our artists have been informed of their inclusion in our roster, you can check it also. In fact they come from a platform of artists from a founding partner and personal friend.
I think thats all, else I take this opportunity to encourage you to read our policies here: www.kangaroobookings.com/faq
Im so sorry to read it, this is very bad for our reputation, this is a project that we really belive in these comments do not help at all, they give a tremendously bad image of our cause. In fact I was very happy with the acceptance of the people in our facebook, you can see the reviews, the people are quite happy, we have about 1200 eyes looking there. Anyway... we are at your entire disposal.
Well, do not believe everything you read out there. I have always been a defender of self-criticism and, above all, objective data. As I read here ... it is normal to have some bad opinion. It happens in the best companies.

Besides that I do not feel cheated, since I have not had to pay anything to enter this agency. Imagine my impression when searching about kangaroo bookings and finding such forums. Hallucinatory! How is it going to be a scam if I have not paid anything? I have heard that there is a modality of income with promotions, web page, own mail, but that is different to say that it is a scam for having a service call it premium for example.
advertisements? no thanks ... I hate the ads.

I suppose they could put advertising on their website, or use other systems, but that is something of the company and its policies.