Question

Kangaroo Bookings? Is this a scam?

• 18 August 2017
  • 85 replies

Show first post

85 replies

I need a female singer for my next EDM superhit, anyone?

Here you will find what you need https://vocalizr.com/vocalists

you also have the cheap solution is some free acapella site http://hiphopmakers.com/free-acapellas-websites-free-vocal-samples

another similar site?
Userlevel 1
Here's an email that my friend and I sent to them:

I'm pretty sure you guys are a scam. Correct me if I'm wrong. I've noticed you keep making a grammatical error with the word "any". You say "No any news" that's not correct in English. When I look up Kangaroo Bookings on Google I see forum topics asking if you guys are a scam and all of the posts are made by account that are no older than a month. Lots of the posts have this same grammatical error that's obviously made by the same person, you.

Let me give you some examples:

"KING_OF_ABLETON
im the same situation, i made a little research, any red flag, i contacted them after a friend told me he signed up with them."

JOHN MANCINI
"I make rock/hard rock. Yes I signed up at the beginning of the summer. I got some minor bookings with kangaroo, shows below 400 EUR. Not a bad agency. Any scam, any fake thing as people use to ask me."

ERNEST DE JONG
"Any scam, I worked with Anthony lot of years, we have common people in our circle of friends and acquaintances."

rub_gonazales
"Any problem with the people I worked with and how much trust was instilled in us as artists. Kangaroo Bookings is just such a good booking agency to work for. Zero problems at the moment. SN0W_FLAKE, you can trust them."

katharsis1994
"Any red flag in my case: free profile, I talked personally with them, they listened my music, any scam. In fact Kangaroo Bookings is the best booking agency where I have been signed ever. I just wanted to share my experience with you guys and of course meet fellow european colleagues to develop coproductions together."

CLEARLY, this is the same person making every post because they don't understand how to use the word in English. IF these were truly different accounts they would not be making the same mistake over, and over, and over again. You guys are scamming people out of 30 euros, posting their photo on your bullshit website that you created a month ago, and saying you'll get them a gig in the future. I've asked around and nobody has gotten a gig with you guys. Just tell me you're a scam right now otherwise I'll make sure that everyone knows you are.

Cheers!
Userlevel 1
https://www.facebook.com/Divine-Bookings-is-a-SCAM-1593311167623419/

https://soundcloudcommunity.com/trust-safety-229932/warning-french-agency-that-preys-on-soundcloud-artists-called-divine-bookings-6716627

"The mail I got:
Hello! Let me introduce my self. I am Sebastian from France.
I manage my own music artist agency "DivineBookings" with my work partner Thierry, for a while I worked in the world of 'bookings', I have some clubs and music festival contacts worldwide. We started our own international booking agency 7 months ago.
I would like to ask you something: What means music to you? It's just a hobby or something else? How much are you interested to work as musical artist? Sorry in advance for the inconveniences but your track Feeling of victory reached my ears and I would like to know more about you."

DOES THIS EMAIL LOOK FAMILIAR? WHAT MEANS MUSIC TO YOU? IS IT A HOBBY?

"to me Hello A! How are things going? I hope all is well with you. I am Anthony from kangaroo bookings, a french booking agency. We started earlier this year and currently we are growing up little by little you know 😉 We are like a bridge between artists and clubs worldwide.
In short, I would like to ask you something: What means music to you? Is it a Hobby or a Job? Are you already signed with a booking agency? Are you interested in get bookings this summer season? (July-October)?
Sorry in advance for the inconvenience but your Moonmelt project reached my ears and new faces are always welcome.
Have a nice Weekend
Anthony L."
It seems that Anthony is a busy man. Did you guys called him or only contacted him through mail / account?!

If an agent is solely responsible for 10 soundcloud forumusers here, how much clients does he have in total?! Not saying scam, according to your experiences, but i always find it funny to keep seeing the same name coming by over and over again.

I do not think Anthony is one person, if i am honest. But i lack experience and can't say for sure. It sounds strange, that's all. And when it sounds strange, i keep away from it. No matter the experiences. ( User experiences can be paid and manipulated )
Has no sense. In relation to these messages I have also seen them before. I know legitimate job search companies that use very similar messages. This is done for efficiency. What does this work mean to you? Do you have work these days? Would you be interested in working this summer? I do not see anything strange about it. As a kind of templates to save time. Moreover I have seen that generic message like template of Thunderbird of Mozilla Firefox.

In relation to Anthony I believe that it is real, he contacted me, at first I thought it was not real. After a while he accessed a video called by skype. I also went into the agency for free , without profile and I sent them an email to test if they really answered the customers. They answered.

My theory is that some people are trying to relate them to other bad agencies. It is a question of discrediting other agents to hoard the market. Dunno.
Hello everyone, I have also been contacted by this agency. The first thing I did was a research. I have searched on different web pages. soundcloud and reddit mainly.

It is curious that you accuse a person just for misusing a word. I do not speak english either. I would like to see how would write in romanian an english person, sure he dont talk perfect ;)

As I have seen on reddit someone has answered you: It is said that there are grammatical and similar errors to use "any" when here in Bulgaria in class we are taught to use any that way. Even the ASUS computer brand uses it as a message on its motherboards: "No Any Drive Found"

You said "they look like new accounts, a month ago" and yours? you guys just have a previous comment! https://www.reddit.com/user/Moonmelt

I am not accusing anyone, I just try to be neutral and approach this objectively, because I am also interested in joining the agency.

Furthermore I visited your soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/moonmelt
following: 830
followers: 601

and you guys have a track with 66.300 plays? how is it possible? you talked about: "It's easy enough to pay on facebook and boost your posts and make fake accounts." this is what you did guys? because I didnt know it was possible. But seems it is.
Could you explain this? don't get me wrong, just wantto clarify it. But you are accusing a person and it seems that you are doing exactly the same. I do not think it's objective or fair either.
Userlevel 1
It's not just one person, it's 15 other fake accounts spanning 3 forum threads. So you're saying that by chance, 15 people who commented are all from Bulgaria? hahaha. We have one previous comment on reddit but it's from a year ago, all the accounts that are commenting on the Kangaroo Booking agency threads have been created in the last 1-3 months, kind of odd how that's exactly when they started.

Our track has lots of plays because it's original, quality content. We shouldn't even have to defend ourselves but, we've been producing music for a couple years now and our track lunar lullaby has been liked by REAL artists like Pomo and FKJ, just so you know. The track has been out for 2 years my man. Your account on this forum unfortunately was created TODAY. Look at the Simbad Baykara account right above your post, his was created today too. How coincidental eh? It's funny that you're trying to turn this back on us instead of addressing the issue at hand. Could it be because you're another made up account to try to defend a scammer agency? I'll leave that for everyone else to decide. I think it's completely objective and fair to call something exactly what it is. Kangaroo Booking is a scam and everyone should do their best to raise awareness and keep the community safe.
I created the account just to ask, dont have an account here neither.

I'm pretty sure you guys are a scam. Correct me if I'm wrong. I've noticed you keep making a grammatical error with the word "any". You say "No any news" that's not correct in English. When I look up Kangaroo Bookings on Google I see forum topics asking if you guys are a scam and all of the posts are made by account that are no older than a month. Lots of the posts have this same grammatical error that's obviously made by the same person, you.

"KING_OF_ABLETON
im the same situation, i made a little research, any red flag, i contacted them after a friend told me he signed up with them."

JOHN MANCINI
"I make rock/hard rock. Yes I signed up at the beginning of the summer. I got some minor bookings with kangaroo, shows below 400 EUR. Not a bad agency. Any scam, any fake thing as people use to ask me."

ERNEST DE JONG
"Any scam, I worked with Anthony lot of years, we have common people in our circle of friends and acquaintances."

rub_gonazales
"Any problem with the people I worked with and how much trust was instilled in us as artists. Kangaroo Bookings is just such a good booking agency to work for. Zero problems at the moment. SN0W_FLAKE, you can trust them."

katharsis1994
"Any red flag in my case: free profile, I talked personally with them, they listened my music, any scam. In fact Kangaroo Bookings is the best booking agency where I have been signed ever. I just wanted to share my experience with you guys and of course meet fellow european colleagues to develop coproductions together."

CLEARLY, this is the same person making every post because they don't understand how to use the word in English. IF these were truly different accounts they would not be making the same mistake over, and over, and over again. You guys are scamming people out of 30 euros, posting their photo on your bullshit website that you created a month ago, and saying you'll get them a gig in the future. I've asked around and nobody has gotten a gig with you guys. Just tell me you're a scam right now otherwise I'll make sure that everyone knows you are.

Cheers!
Do not try to get a fool into reason. They always win!

I created the account just to ask, dont have an account here neither.

"KING_OF_ABLETON

JOHN MANCINI

ERNEST DE JONG

rub_gonazales

katharsis1994

Cheers!
then... how can you explain the number of plays?
and reach 66.300 plays? how is it possible? they scammed their audience and a couple of discos in Vancouver:
https://www.facebook.com/fortunesound/
https://www.facebook.com/miagastown
becuase they didnt know this plays was buyed, so... they are scammers too? and for the same reasoning I can say: MOONMELT are 2 f******ng scammers! and everyone should do their best to raise awareness and keep the community safe.
I cant explain it, maybe these guys bought fake soundcloud plays, and tried to build a brand name to get a couple of shows. This does not seem so bad to me.

then... how can you explain the number of plays?
and reach 66.300 plays? how is it possible? they scammed their audience and a couple of discos in Vancouver:
https://www.facebook.com/fortunesound/
https://www.facebook.com/miagastown
becuase they didnt know this plays was buyed, so... they are scammers too? and for the same reasoning I can say: MOONMELT are 2 f******ng scammers! and everyone should do their best to raise awareness and keep the community safe.
Userlevel 1
Haha there you have it folks, rather than address why Kangaroo Bookings isn't a scam these guys attack me personally and go as far as searching for me online to post photos. What does that prove exactly? Not sure.

To be clear, they didn't reject us:

"tony@kangarooonthemoon.com Sep 7 to me
My most sincere congratulations, I apologize for the delay, but I needed Valerie's approval. She is our recruitment team lead, you can reach her at valerie@kangaroobookings.com. It has taken a long time, work and extensive discussion, but finally we want to place you in our team."

Let me get this straight, you created this account because you were curious about kangaroo bookings legitimacy, so you click on a thread that says "Is this a scam?" and immediately start attacking somebody because they agree with the title of the topic? How does that make any sense if you were unbiased hahah clearly you are the scammer on another fake account.

All of these accounts that are commenting are created specifically to defend this scam agency. Notice how because he has no defense and can't prove that they are legit (besides bogus testimonials) that he has to resort to personal attacks. Pretty creepy to go that far if you ask me... how about you do yourself a favor and start thinking of a new scam because I'm going to make sure this one doesn't much longer.

P.S. Tell your friends in Vancouver to stop by and say hi, we're playing a show downtown on October 14th! 🙂
UPDATE! I contacted some artists from his roster, by the moment just one asked me:
http://kangaroobookings.com/artist.php?patrick-kunz-aka-assassin
he talks good about them.
obviously you both moonmelt and Marcello are interested on this, moonmelt in talk bad about kangaroo and Marcello in talk good about them.
what a character! it doesnt help, I contacted this patrick kunz too, seems he met Anthony and talked with him. He didnt pay anything, so... he was not scammed. My conclusion is that they are asking money for creating a webmail and some extra services like promo, mastering... but other people joined for free, just under 10% of comission.
Userlevel 1
Just remember everyone, that any account on here that is defending kangaroo is fake
this reddit post explain it in a better way:
"Just call them on the phone and I can confirm that there is a real team behind them, Strong french accent so seems pretty legit. The 33€ deposit is not needed, I meant is not mandatory. Is only if you want the verified profile wich includes the email inbox, legal support, a web profile and all the updates and other guarantees
I also keep contact with them via email and I asked some deep questions and they replied perfectly I mean that although they could use some email assistant I always has a human reply".
Userlevel 1
Don't bother calling, just stay away from these guys
interesting... each time someone says something good about kangaroo moonmelt post inmediately a bad post. Maybe Marcello was right! and you are a troll, or a bored kid or maybe you work for the competence, just trying to damage kangaroo bookings' image. Want to know something?i dont care a shit. each one shows who is speaking, and you did it. Im gonna pass to reply you too. Draw your own conclusions.
Don't bother calling, just stay away from these guysDon't bother calling, just stay away from these guys
Userlevel 1
You can plainly see how upset these guys are now that their scam has been uncovered
obviously this user is trying to discredit this agency with unfounded data. He does not even ask if it is a scam or not, he says it is! even though I've contacted some of their artists and none of them talk about it.
Userlevel 1
It's a scam. Proof here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DJs/comments/734ear/kangaroo_bookings_is_a_scam/
Proof there? just a topic you wrote there too? seems you are the only person who talk bad about this agency.

This is in no way a scam, I talked to Anthony this morning and since I've been with Kangaroo I have not had any problems. If one day I have it, I'll be the first to enter here and explain what it's all about. But I do not understand those accusations on your part, which apparently have not even worked there.
After a small search, it seems clear what happens. Apparently Moonmelt (the guy who is writing bad reviews about kangaroo bookings)works in a company called Gloo Studios: gloostudios.com

They contact artists to make videos and charge them for it. The subject in question is responsible for animating videos and making music, with their corresponding commission. I think this guy, Alexander is trying to discredit Kangaroo Bookings by simply stealing customers. Just my opinion.
Lol, the first guy to answer this topic post like 5 messages in a row, basically promoting in detail everything about the agency.
Don't tell me that ain't suspicious.