Question

Permanent Ban

• 30 January 2019
  • 1 reply

I recently (a few hours ago) got permanently banned on SoundCloud for “violating” terms of use. So I got banned for:
(viii) You must not use the Platform to upload, post, store, transmit, display, copy, distribute, promote, make available or otherwise communicate to the public:
-any information, Content or other material that violates, plagiarises, misappropriates or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark rights, rights of privacy or publicity, confidential information or any other right; or
(xi) You must not deliberately impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, for example, by registering an account in the name of another person or company, or sending messages or making comments using the name of another person.
——
So let me clear up, I was posting old XXXTentacion and Ski songs from 2015-16-17, these song werent even copyrighted. I uploaded them because I wanted to listen to them on my phone but there was no songs on the platform.
It also says that I impersonated, I literally used my first name (Neo) and then I switched to Trippledot, which is my made up word. In any point I did not stand up as an someone else, I had those songs uploaded for 4-5 months, and there was no problems. I even bought a Premium a week ago...
AND I FORGOT TO MENTION I HAD 1,4 million plays

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Neoneoneo,

It sounds like you uploaded someone else's music to SoundCloud, which is a breach of their Terms of Use unless you own the copyrights and have proof of permission to publish the content on SoundCloud. If you believe the suspension happened in error, please reach out to our copyrights team via the contact form on the Help Center.