Question

PLEASE HELP* Using MixVibes CrossDJ - cannot acces soundcloud account from the app because of (invalid_client: The client identifier provided is invalid.)

• 11 March 2019
  • 7 replies

I've been using CrossDJ and had it connected with my SoundCloud account for years. I kept getting the "cannot upload: unknown track format" message, so I signed out of soundcloud in CrossDJ to try to refresh and sign back in. Now I get the "invalid_client: The client identifier provided is invalid" every time I try to connect to soundcloud through the CrossDJ app. PLEASE HELP ME. 😞

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Hmm, odd! I've just downloaded the app to an iPhone and was able to sign in to SoundCloud properly. I've also tried to sign out and back in, which also worked. I did notice that the Facebook sign in within the app does not work. Instead, it redirects to an error page.

If you try and sign in on a computer web browser, does that work? On your settings page (https://soundcloud.com/settings), can you try and remove the connected app, then retry on your phone? In regards to the phone - have you tried to restart the device, and also the app?

Hope any of these things help get to the bottom of this.

Let us know how it went 🙂
Mathis,

I am not using an iPhone I am on a Mac iOS X El Capitan 10.11.6. Whenever I try to log in to SoundCloud via CrossDJ on COMPUTER, whether it's through Safari or Chrome, I will hit the link which redirects me to the browser and the error message "invalid_client: The client identifier provided is invalid" and cannot receive the Souncloud code I need to pair the application to my Soundcloud account. I have already revoked access of the CrossDJ app in the settings, and it still will not reroute me to a souncloud page to get the access code. I don't use an iPhone to DJ, so it's kind of pointless for me to use it on my mobile in any instance. So none of these steps worked.... do you have any ideas for desktop fixes rather than mobile? Thanks.

so the bottom picture is where I click to connect the app and Soundcloud, the top is the error message I receive right after clicking it.
I've been using CrossDJ and had it connected with my SoundCloud account for years. I kept getting the "cannot upload: unknown track format" message, so I signed out of soundcloud in CrossDJ to try to refresh and sign back in. Now I get the "invalid_client: The client identifier provided is invalid" every time I try to connect to soundcloud through the CrossDJ app. PLEASE HELP ME. :(

Me too.. exact same problem.
Mathis,

I am not using an iPhone I am on a Mac iOS X El Capitan 10.11.6. Whenever I try to log in to SoundCloud via CrossDJ on COMPUTER, whether it's through Safari or Chrome, I will hit the link which redirects me to the browser and the error message "invalid_client: The client identifier provided is invalid" and cannot receive the Souncloud code I need to pair the application to my Soundcloud account. I have already revoked access of the CrossDJ app in the settings, and it still will not reroute me to a souncloud page to get the access code. I don't use an iPhone to DJ, so it's kind of pointless for me to use it on my mobile in any instance. So none of these steps worked.... do you have any ideas for desktop fixes rather than mobile? Thanks.

Did you figure this out? I have the same problem, but would like to figure it out, or find another dj program...
Did anyone did out how to fix this issue?