Question

Promoted ? How to get there

• 11 April 2019
  • 6 replies

I See On the Main page there is a promoted artist always , how do i go about becoming promoted ?

6 replies

Userlevel 3
You have to be female or a person of color.
Userlevel 3

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

The artists whose content is promoted are part of SoundCloud's partner campaigns, which are currently not available to the public.
Userlevel 3
@Mathis

I've screencapped 10 of the artists I've seen promoted and they are either Women DJ's or black men. Is there some progressive, diversity quota you guys are currently meeting with this push? It's a bit alienating to people that have 500k plays and that have been on the platform forever getting pushed aside by artists that have been here for a week.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@Mathis

I've screencapped 10 of the artists I've seen promoted and they are either Women DJ's or black men. Is there some progressive, diversity quota you guys are currently meeting with this push? It's a bit alienating to people that have 500k plays and that have been on the platform forever getting pushed aside by artists that have been here for a week.

Hi again,

I have removed the other topics you've created concerning this subject matter in order to keep communication around this in one place.

We do not discriminate against any artists' religion, colour, sexuality or gender at SoundCloud, and like to shed light on up-and-coming producers based on their talent. SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.

Best
Mathis
Userlevel 3

@Mathis

Hi again,

I have removed the other topics you've created concerning this subject matter in order to keep communication around this in one place.

We do not discriminate against any artists' religion, colour, sexuality or gender at SoundCloud, and like to shed light on up-and-coming producers based on their talent. SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity and open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform and global community where anyone can create, discover, and share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.

Best
Mathis

Yeah but I haven't seen one "white cis male" artist in promoted at all. So it sounds like you are doing a diversity quota pushing sub-par artists just because they are females in a "male dominated space" .