Question

Revenue Sharing on Soundcloud

• 28 January 2018
  • 2 replies

We own a Digital Distribution company and looking to find out how we can upload our Artists tracks and them Go+ so the user can hear a snip and then buy if they like the track? We have reached out to Soundcloud Multiply times with no response. Very frustrating to say the least, especially since we are trying to help our artists.

2 replies

I wonder if Soundcloud isn't losing folks to Spotify and other platforms. I was having a conversation with friends about the options last night and told them why I love Soundcloud. Access to great indie talent. I'm not a DJ or a musician so I don't really post. Mainly I look for new interesting music and I do buy vinyl.

I've done a lot of work in market research. Why doesn't Soundcloud engage its extremely wide membership to segment us and understand a bit better what different types of users want? As someone looking to support artists, I'd like to know that SoundCloud is better than alternatives at that. Also easy links to vinyl purchase which I've so far had. I'd also love one of the functions that Spotify has which is the ability to save certain playlists to my Desktop.
I agree with you

I wonder if Soundcloud isn't losing folks to Spotify and other platforms. I was having a conversation with friends about the options last night and told them why I love Soundcloud. Access to great indie talent. I'm not a DJ or a musician so I don't really post. Mainly I look for new interesting music and I do buy vinyl.

I've done a lot of work in market research. Why doesn't Soundcloud engage its extremely wide membership to segment us and understand a bit better what different types of users want? As someone looking to support artists, I'd like to know that SoundCloud is better than alternatives at that. Also easy links to vinyl purchase which I've so far had. I'd also love one of the functions that Spotify has which is the ability to save certain playlists to my Desktop.