Question

Soundcloud should have a Copyright dispute human sorting out issues not robots

• 20 November 2017
  • 0 replies

Hi there Soundcloud. You recently pulled down a remix on my account. I entered a remix contest here:
https://www.spinninrecords.com/contest/timmy-trumpet-dimatik-punjabi-remix-contest/
Thank you for ruining the chances of a win for me and my remix.
I believe I have a pertinent question for Soundcloud.
How come the only remix in the contest to be pulled down is mine? (all contest tracks hosted by Soundcloud by the way)
Here is "your reason why" and it's clearly discriminatory since all tracks in the contest, again, hosted by Soundcloud, contain the same "copyrighted content".
I got an instant negative response to my claim which only means that it was a robot handling it. I have a Pro plan for one reason, so I can enter these type of contests that seem to be in partnership with Soundcloud. Spinnin' Records for example.
I will definitely downgrade my plan of 16$ CA to Free in the future, if Soundcloud continues to target content that was legally uploaded based on the bots work.

This is the robot's explanation for why the track was pulled down...
"Our automatic content protection system has detected that one of your tracks might contain copyrighted content.
As a result, your track has been removed from your profile for the time being. Please have a look at the details below and get in touch with us if you believe there’s been a mistake.
Here's what our system has found:
It looks like your track
"TIMMY TRUMPET & DIMATIK- PUNJABI"
might contain or be a copy of
"Punjabi" by Timmy Trumpet & Dimatik, which is owned by Dharma in certain territories.

This is the immediate response...few min after my dispute was filed... most likely robot again...
Resolved disputes
TIMMY TRUMPET & DIMATIK- PUNJABI
Unfortunately, your dispute was rejected.
Resolved on 20 Nov 2017
My conclusion... Your services should improve dramatically in this regard, thousands of DJ/Producers that are paying Soundcloud big $$$ to host such contest remixed tracks will say bye bye Soundcloud...

0 replies

Be the first to reply!